Alloa vs Rangers

Like every team, our manager's decided to set our pitch dimensions to suit our style of play (presumably, unless he's an idiot). Every team was apparently able to change those dimensions at the halfway stage, but chose not to. No other team has an advantage over any other as a result of this. You might well think that there should be a rule to prevent dimensions being changed mid-season, and I might even think that myself, but under no circumstances can there be any question of sporting integrity being impinged upon. It's not like we're, say, paying players under the table or anything like that.

If no other team has gained an advantage, why have Alloa done it?..... Do they pay their gardener by the yard?.....

Of course they're gaining an advantage on a team who rely on width (such as Rangers), but again, they haven't broken any rules. Cheap tactic? yes.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you feeling about the game? Confidence must high after Tuesday's recovery against Morton.

If we can get the goals down to 4 yards wide by then, we might manage a 0-0 draw.

However, I will be fighting my own battle for a parking space with everyone's other favourite Glasgow giant that day, so I'll just have to hope that there isn't a constant stream of updates from the Indodrill on the radio.

:-(

If no other team has gained an advantage, why have Alloa done it?..... Do they pay their gardener by the yard?.....

Of course they're gaining an advantage on a team who rely on width (such as Rangers), but again, they haven't broken any rules. Cheap tactic? yes.

You're coming perilously close to the old Arsene Wenger rant about teams refusing to use tactics that worked to his team's advantage :lol:

There's no unfair advantage here. Everyone's playing under the same set of circumstances. Claiming that sporting integrity has been infringed upon just makes it seem like you don't understand what's actually happened.

You're coming perilously close to the old Arsene Wenger rant about teams refusing to use tactics that worked to his team's advantage :lol:

There's no unfair advantage here. Everyone's playing under the same set of circumstances. Claiming that sporting integrity has been infringed upon just makes it seem like you don't understand what's actually happened.

That's your opinion and I can respect that, but I did say in my very first post Alloa had done nothing wrong. :)

That's your opinion and I can respect that, but I did say in my very first post Alloa had done nothing wrong. :)

Just give the sporting integrity thing a rest, eh? Someone's going to mention EBTs at some point and I won't be held responsible! :lol:

You also said it maybe lacked sporting integrity. What is your definition of sporting integrity?

If we can get the goals down to 4 yards wide by then, we might manage a 0-0 draw.However, I will be fighting my own battle for a parking space with everyone's other favourite Glasgow giant that day, so I'll just have to hope that there isn't a constant stream of updates from the Indodrill on the radio.:-(

I can provide a cheap, if sporadic, text update service.

Completely random thought that popped into my mind, so sorry if it's already been asked.

When is the 3G at the recs getting replaced? it must be soon surely as it's looking completely gubbed.

Next season apparently, although I hope we keep the old one just for the seethe.

Completely random thought that popped into my mind, so sorry if it's already been asked.

When is the 3G at the recs getting replaced? it must be soon surely as it's looking completely gubbed.

We expected it to be changed in summer- but it passed the MOT

Would be very surprised if it isnt done this summer.

Archived