Alloa vs Rangers

How?

It clearly isn't. Everybody will play 9 games on the wider surface and 9 on the smaller dimensions. Entirely fair and totally by the book.

Just my opinion. I think Rangers (and other clubs) have widened their pitch as well to gain an advantage. It's allowed.

I don't think it's that big of a deal though.

But I think teams should submit their pitch dimensions before round 1 and keep it the same throughout a season.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion. I think Rangers (and other clubs) have widened their pitch as well to gain an advantage. It's allowed.

I don't think it's that big of a deal though.

But I think teams should submit their pitch dimensions before round 1 and keep it the same throughout a season.

Indeed. Doing it for 1 off games - as Rangers have done - might well raise the question of sporting integrity. Doing it in the middle of the season - as Alloa have done - does not.

Whoever starts the thread for the Livingston game, please remember to include a FAQ to save time:

Yes, the pitch is thinner.

No, it's not unfair, as everyone plays once on each size.

Yes, Graeme Souness did it once.

No, you probably won't contract cancer from watching.

Yes, we're aware that we're shite.

Feel free to add your own :P

I was maintaining a neutral view on MW, but he's just shown himself to be in the category of daft managers who don't get it. He's comparing Alloa operating entirely according to the Laws and competition rules that apply to all clubs with whatabootery, and two instances of quite bizarre breaches of the Laws.

Still neutral on him as a manager, tactically; but it's clear he's not as intelligent as he's sometimes portrayed to be.

I mean, it's strange that Alloa aren't allowed to go on a gun crime rampage, yet they are allowed to abide by the competition rules. Seems like political correctness gone mad.

Whoever starts the thread for the Livingston game, please remember to include a FAQ to save time:

Yes, the pitch is thinner.

No, it's not unfair, as everyone plays once on each size.

Yes, Graeme Souness did it once.

No, you probably won't contract cancer from watching.

Yes, we're aware that we're shite.

Feel free to add your own :P

Yes we have a plastic pitch

No its not astro

I was maintaining a neutral view on MW, but he's just shown himself to be in the category of daft managers who don't get it. He's comparing Alloa operating entirely according to the Laws and competition rules that apply to all clubs with whatabootery, and two instances of quite bizarre breaches of the Laws. Still neutral on him as a manager, tactically; but it's clear he's not as intelligent as he's sometimes portrayed to be. I mean, it's strange that Alloa aren't allowed to go on a gun crime rampage, yet they are allowed to abide by the competition rules. Seems like political correctness gone mad.

Shuggy, I think he was questioning the rules rather than Alloa's interpretation of them. Also, didn't Peter Houston have a pop at you too?

Personally, if Alloa think narrowing the pitch will help them and they work within the rules then good luck to them. Edited to add, I'd much prefer you to stay up than Livingston.

How are you feeling about the game? Confidence must high after Tuesday's recovery against Morton.

Indeed. Doing it for 1 off games - as Rangers have done - might well raise the question of sporting integrity. Doing it in the middle of the season - as Alloa have done - does not.

If a team does it for a one off game or for half of the season they're still doing it for the same reason. If you accept Rangers called sporting integrity into question you have to believe Alloa have too.

Still, it's not a big deal and it's not against the rules so moving on......

If a team does it for a one off game or for half of the season they're still doing it for the same reason. If you accept Rangers called sporting integrity into question you have to believe Alloa have too.

Really? With Alloas each visiting team played once on the wider and will play once on the narrower. This is completely different than changing it depending upon who we're playing. They are different in terms of questioning the sporting integrity entirely.

Really? With Alloas each visiting team played once on the wider and will play once on the narrower. This is completely different than changing it depending upon who we're playing. They are different in terms of questioning the sporting integrity entirely.

I think we've done this to death. You have to do what's best for your team for fair enough.

Doing it one off games would mean that not all visiting teams in the competition are playing on the same size of pitch. Doing it in the middle of a league season means they are. It's clearly not the same. The charge of breaking sporting integrity does not apply to Alloa.

And yes it's not a big deal and since we have established you're talking shite then aye, please move on.

Doing it one off games would mean that not all visiting teams in the competition are playing on the same size of pitch. Doing it in the middle of a league season means they are. It's clearly not the same. The charge of breaking sporting integrity does not apply to Alloa.

Aye, they're just reducing the width of the pitch for a laugh. :)

Not sure what Alloa are trying to achieve here, but it's up to them what they do with their pitch. It doesn't change our line up that will play on Saturday, same with the surface, we expect our players to adapt accordingly.

Can't imagine the Manager of ANY club claiming in his post match interview 'we lost because the pitch was too narrow/wide for us' !!

(well perhaps one)

Personally as there is a min and max measurements to a football match then imo a club can suit itself on the size it wants to play a club on. Make no mistake 10 yards is a hell of a difference and will have an impact on the game. Imo it certainly would have unsettled Rangers if they had turned up on the day not knowing about the change. Rangers formation is all about width. It will be an interesting encounter.

Can't imagine the Manager of ANY club claiming in his post match interview 'we lost because the pitch was too narrow/wide for us' !!

(well perhaps one)

And that one would be a weel-kent gardener I assume.

I still love Sally. A car-crash of a manager but still a hero.

Not sure what Alloa are trying to achieve here, but it's up to them what they do with their pitch. It doesn't change our line up that will play on Saturday, same with the surface, we expect our players to adapt accordingly.

(well perhaps one)

No I can't imagine it either however it will make a significant difference. It would be interesting to know is Alloa's park now minimum measurement? Is there another pro team in the uk that their home park is minimum measurement?

Aye, they're just reducing the width of the pitch for a laugh. :)

Like every team, our manager's decided to set our pitch dimensions to suit our style of play (presumably, unless he's an idiot). Every team was apparently able to change those dimensions at the halfway stage, but chose not to. No other team has an advantage over any other as a result of this. You might well think that there should be a rule to prevent dimensions being changed mid-season, and I might even think that myself, but under no circumstances can there be any question of sporting integrity being impinged upon. It's not like we're, say, paying players under the table or anything like that.

We've also been playing with the new dimensions for more than a month now, so please don't go thinking this had anything to do with playing Rangers in particular, as a few posters seem perhaps to have in their mind :lol:

Archived