Footballers from computer games

Blootoon87

Who was the blond boy up front for Germany in Olympic Soccer on the Saturn? Eddie Sanger comes into my mind for some reason...what a player, levatating flying backwards overhead kicks all over the shop, he couldnt be stopped.

What a game Olympic Soccer was!

Porras of Spain was my boy in this game. Also, our very own Craggs, 11 for Scotland.

This remains the only game that's inspired me to smash a controller. 3-1 ahead with about 15 minutes to go against Italy in the semi final and they started flying in all over the place.

Final score was 3-5. I was twelve, and there were genuine tears.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Kim Kallstrom

2. Ibrahim Said

3. Mark Kerr

4. Isaac Okoronkwo

5. Per Karlsson

(All CM 01/01)

Kallstrom and Kerr were always sought after in my CM days. Said rings a bell, though a very faint one. Going waaaaay back, Ade Akinbiyi was an absolute belting signing - almost guaranteeing trophies/promotion if you could prise him away from Norwich.

Adam McGurk - FM 08 - get him on loan from Aston Villa for the lower leagues of England and he'll score bucket loads.

Larne Oyebanjo - FM 15 - right back from Crewe, I don't think I seen him have a match rating of under 7.30.

Nicolas Anelka - LMA 2003. Man City used to get relegated from the Premier League in the first season so if you were in the SPL at the start of the second season you could buy him if you had the money. Unstoppable in the SPL.

Branimir Kostadinov. - FM 08. When the game was first released, he scored 78 goals in one season for my East Stirlingshire team (before the first update for bug fixes was released). I finished second in the league.

Sean Mackle - FM 08. Turned into a legend for my East Stirlingshire team.

Enabling Poland in FM 08 was basically a minefield for good players you could sign for Scottish lower league teams, Robert Lewandowski being one of them. Special mentions for Wojciech Jurak, Rafał Boguski and Krzysztof Kaliciak.

DOn't know the years but:

Kim Kallstrom

Pete Prospar

Stern John

Chris Bart-Williams (I think, DMC RLC)

Marco Verati (sp, I think he was also one of those ridiculously good players who didn't actually exist but was put in the database by someone)

The best football manager game I've ever had was a joint save with my mate. I ended up at Kaiserslautern (via Cowden and Spurs :lol:) while he stayed at Ross County for the whole game (20 odd years).

Best player I can think of was a regen Hungarian ACM in Football Manager 2008 called Zolton Horvath. I was Kaiserslautern and signed him from Dundee Utd when he was just a youngster. Ended up club captain as we won the Champions league and Bundesliga constantly and generally was a good c**t.

In the same save only a couple of years in my mate discovered a freebie called Dave Hughes. Dave was released by Hibs at the end of the season at a young age and looked like he had some potential. He signed him before I had even discovered him.

I was Spurs boss at the time. Put in a cheeky 100K bid which the board accepted and I signed him for peanuts. Turned into one of the best strikers in the game and ended up playing at Real Madrid :lol:

DOn't know the years but:

Kim Kallstrom

Pete Prospar

Stern John

Chris Bart-Williams (I think, DMC RLC)

Marco Verati (sp, I think he was also one of those ridiculously good players who didn't actually exist but was put in the database by someone)

Unless youre thinking of another one, Verrati is now at PSG

Considering everyone seems to have loved CM01/02 - there are modern data updates available. Not only that, the game itself is freeware. Phwoar!

Relive the golden days of burning through an entire season in an evening :thumsup2

BFTD, I think I love you! :thumsup2

Wee bit palpitation when it didn't want to run on my new(ish) pc, patched and we're off! Now, Lee Chun Soo, would you like a room at the Park Hotel, wee man?

BFTD, I think I love you! :thumsup2

Wee bit palpitation when it didn't want to run on my new(ish) pc, patched and we're off! Now, Lee Chun Soo, would you like a room at the Park Hotel, wee man?

:lol:

I figured, in true P&B style, I'd get pelters for repeating something that everyone already knew. Glad to be of service!

:lol:

I figured, in true P&B style, I'd get pelters for repeating something that everyone already knew. Glad to be of service!

Just got pumped out of Europe by Valencia (6-4 aggregate not too embarrassing, mind), and sitting mid table despite Gordon Marshall having received three(!) red cards by the end of September. You look at that Killie squad and compare with today's shower and it would make a grown man weep...

Douglas Coutinho FIFA 14 - Signed him from Athletico Paranese, absolutely unplayable 89 rating.

Adriano Pro ev 6 - total powerhouse.

Ryan Gauld FIFA 14/15/16 - one of the best players I've ever played with on FIFA.

Ali Coote FIFA 16 - Signed him for Barca first season when it first came out and got him up to a 90 rating using that player training thing, only twenty three aswell. Still got the save.

Frank Acheampong FIFA 14/15 - The pace of a generation.

Federico Laurito fm12 - was the focal point of my world beating Chelsea side, scored goals for fun. Still playing at a relatively low level now.

Joesba Arriaga LMA manager 2003 - quick, nimble and deadly. His actual career has been a slow decline in the Spanish leagues.

Martyn Bennett (regen) fm15 - signed from mk dons for about 400 grand for my Falkirk team. He was a right back but is now a number 10 who is simply unstoppable, the best clubs in the world still want him to this day.

Diego Trindade (regen) fm12 - the other striker in that Chelsea side, he was a Brazilian goal machine who was beginning to be seen as world class when I quit the game.

Stefano Succi (regen) fifa13 - found him in the free agents 81 rated at age 17. He was 6ft4 ginger and rapid, think he made it to about 92 overall or so.

1/ CM 01/02 - To Madeira. Obviously.

2/ CM 03/04 - Kevin McBride. Honking player for us in real life, but he was incredible in CM. Assists and goals for fun.

3/ CM 03/04 - Allan Winters. Some regen I signed from Stranraer for buttons as a promising 17 year old. Played for Motherwell for 10 years, captaining the side and being a storming box-to-box midfielder. Sold him to Arsenal for ~£18 million. Felt like a proud da.

4/ FM 2009 - Jean Yves M'Voto. Total nutcase of a centre half. Never lost a tackle and was a crucial part of my all-conquering Motherwell team. The flipside to that coin was that he was a head case who got sent off repeatedly for losing the heid.

5/ CM 01/02 - Cherno Samba. Genuinely felt sad when he retired IRL last year.

Dayne Robertson (Football Manager) - signed for my newly promoted (to the Premiership) Albion Rovers side having scored 13 goals and managed 18 assists for League One Annan for £4000. He was 32 and I really didn't expect him to act as anything more than an injury time sub, or league cup starter. I was badly wrong. Managed 20+ goals in his first SPL season and single handedly kept me up. Scored less the next season but had the most assists in the league. Scored against Dortmund in the Champions Cup at the age of 37 a few consistent years later, got injured and retired at the end of the season. Sad times.

Johan Erikson (Football Manager) - Joined from Malmo for £8m as I looked to progress Livingston beyond the last 16 of the Champions Cup. Averaged 30+ goals a season for 6 years before refusing a new contract and being sold to Barcelona for £15m. Great bit of business.

Martyn Bell (Football Manager) - Another one to join my Albion Rovers side. Sold Gary Phillips for 500k to Dundee United and spent it all on this unknown 16 year old from Rangers. No idea why I risked it all on him, but it paid off big time. Has morphed into the perfect target man, has scored at least ten goals in all but 1 of his 16 seasons with the club - from the bottom of League One to the top of the SPL - and now captains the team. His legs have gone at 33 or something, but he takes all the penalties just to ensure he gets above 10 goals now!

Chong Tse (Football Manager) - North Korean international striker I brought in to Albion as we struggled in the Championship on a free. Scored a reasonable 9 goals in 22 appearances, but one of them was the winner in the Challenge Cup final. It caused actual hashtag scenes in the dentists waiting room.

Geovanni (Fifa 09) - Magician at Hull who I signed for Plymouth Argyle when I won the Championship. On the Wii he could literally score free-kicks from everywhere and occasionally direct from corners. Having your party trick as scoring direct from corners is very handy when you're in P7 #BigTime

1. Fernando Torres - Various PES. Me, my two brothers and my best mate love a master league on PES. Fixed player mode for us four, 7 absolute chumps to shout abuse at. My brother actually got me a top of our Master League team (A.C. Ateki), with Torres' name on the back. I was the centre forward and scored an absolute ton of goals; easily Ateki's record scorer. He could do anything; run, shoot, header, tackle. When he signed for Liverpool, along with his Ateki strike partner Ryan Babel, a computer game had become reality and he actually ended up being pretty good there as well.

2. Aaron Niguez - FM about 2004ish. Possibly my most favourite FM game; a Rome based two player with one of my brothers. I was Lazio and I lost out Niguez to Barcelona, only to sign him within a week due to a mental release clause of about £12 million. Failed to deliver in real life (at Rangers briefly) but he was the main man as we stopped Roma's three consecutive titles to go on a similar run ourselves (Inter had also won the first three seasons). I actually saw him play for Elche against Levante last season and he missed a penalty in a 0-0 draw. I'm still crying and I'm probably the only person that actually remembers that game.

3. Libis Arenas - Various FM. The absolute stalwart goalkeeper of the aforementioned Lazio v Roma game. World class in that. What makes him extra special though, is that on the next year's game I went for a completely random team selection, ended up with a lower league Spanish side named Merida, and he unbelievably was there as well. Really strange coincidence, but he ended up being a star even though he was nowhere near the level he'd previously been.

4. Park Ji-Sung - Various PES. A couple of the master leagues around PES 4/5/6 there were a ton of cheap Asian players who were available that formed the core of any team (Takahara, Cha Du Ri, Santos, Kaji, Kim Young Kwang). Park ended up becoming an Ateki legend. Weird one this as I never actually played as him; it was my best mate who always ended up as PJS but what made him special is that he would spurn chance after chance in run of the mill games, but the minute it was a cup final or a big derby against our rivals Charlton Athletic/Bolton, he'd end up netting a last minute winner.Freakishly so. He's also been rewarded with a name on a real life top (Takahara and Dotan (Landon Donovan) are the other two incidentally).

5. Antxon Ugarte - FM 2014. Probably the only time I've ever had a world class youngster come through the system when playing as a lower league team; he showed up after a season of playing as Barakaldo (didn't get anyone close to good enough any other season; not a surprise as our youth system was shocking). He didn't ever ask to leave as we made our way up the leagues and ended up dominating La Liga, with him regularly getting 20+ goals a season. I wish he was a real person as I would invite him to a dinner party.

I could literally name hundreds more, from Conference South level to the Champions League. I can't believe no-one has said Alex Farnerud, but then I didn't do so either.

Archived