General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

So C4 News 'confirmed' the name of the attacker, only to find out that the attacker is currently in jail.

They've pulled their news coverage from C4+1...

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

So C4 News 'confirmed' the name of the attacker, only to find out that the attacker is currently in jail.

They've pulled their news coverage from C4+1...

What I'd like to know is has there been confirmation yet that a Glasgow City Council transport employee was not involved in this one?

C4's "confirmation" is a minter, but that bugger's lawyer's having a laugh if he thinks he's got a defamation case out of this. Yeah, because your client has such a pristine reputation to uphold.

Finally, what was Steve Bell of the Guardian thinking of when he came up with this - even the Sun could do better:

2725.jpg?w=940&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

3 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

What I'd like to know is has there been confirmation yet that a Glasgow City Council transport employee was not involved in this one?

C4's "confirmation" is a minter, but that bugger's lawyer's having a laugh if he thinks he's got a defamation case out of this. Yeah, because your client has such a pristine reputation to uphold.

Finally, what was Steve Bell of the Guardian thinking of when he came up with this - even the Sun could do better:

2725.jpg?w=940&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

You really are from one of Boyles films!

Nice to meet you.

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — The Taliban captured the strategic district of Sangin in the southern province of Helmand on Thursday, the culmination of a yearslong offensive that took the lives of more combatants than any other fight for territory in Afghanistan, according to local officials.

While spokesmen for the central government denied claims by the Taliban that the district had fallen to them, some conceded that the insurgents had overrun the district center and government facilities. But local Afghan government and military officials said there was no doubt Sangin had finally fallen to their enemy.

More British and later American Marines died in Sangin than in any of Afghanistan’s roughly 400 other districts, until the international military coalition finally turned it over to Afghan military forces in 2013.

Well that's depressing.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's a freepost postcard with it with various questions on it, asking who I'm voting for and how I voted/will vote in the independence referendum(s)

I was going to ask the P&B masses what the answers for Santos L. Halper should be - What SLAB want to hear or what they don't want to hear?

Also, I assume if I tick the postal vote box they'll be round at my door to fill it in for me? Might just do that.

17 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I was going to ask the P&B masses what the answers for Santos L. Halper should be - What SLAB want to hear or what they don't want to hear?

Also, I assume if I tick the postal vote box they'll be round at my door to fill it in for me? Might just do that.

or mibbe tae fill you in ?

Don't want to fill the PTTGOYN thread on GN with stuff from this forum so will put it here.

Why are people so stupid as to rise to obvious trolling on this forum?

By all means debate with folk who have different views but responding to out-and-out trolling threads is as bad as starting them.