General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

22 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This will play well with their support base who will (wrongly) see this as a sign that he is competent and clever, rather than a greedy social climber who married an heiress. 

Why would she marry him?  She’s got lots of money and he’s a small ugly c**t.

Watching Question Time from last night and these utter gimps and ghouls that support dragging everyone into an office are so horrid. Their reasoning is like that time Toby Young wrote an article about how nobody liked him...

They keep on saying humans are social animals and we need social interaction.... Yes that is true but what they don't realise is most of us have this social interaction outside of work and don't crave it by forcing other people to be in our presence. They're actually leeches. Get some friends and allow the rest of us to be competent and content working from home without having to put up with you mind numbing work patter. 

21 hours ago, coprolite said:

This will play well with their support base who will (wrongly) see this as a sign that he is competent and clever, rather than a greedy social climber who married an heiress

"tax evader", shirley?

Suella Braverman calling Emily Thornberry a Leninist in the HofC today, feck me I thought that I’d fallen through the looking glass, real parallel dimension stuff. What are these people smoking?

1 hour ago, moniton said:

Suella Braverman calling Emily Thornberry a Leninist in the HofC today, feck me I thought that I’d fallen through the looking glass, real parallel dimension stuff. What are these people smoking?

Not quite what happened.

Braverman's comments were spot on considering Thornberry's recent vile tweet.

Emily-Thornberry-tweeted-after-PMQs-3881

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

51 minutes ago, moniton said:

It's just the most awful despicable playground shite.

It's worth seeing and for context:

59 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It most certainly is and I'd hope whatever we achieve afterwards, it will be above that and by quite a considerable measure.

12 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's worth seeing and for context:

This is someone going off the rails big time.

16 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Not quite what happened.

Braverman's comments were spot on considering Thornberry's recent vile tweet.

Emily-Thornberry-tweeted-after-PMQs-3881

What are you objecting to?

Is it Obama?

Edited by Zern
to, too, two

On 20/05/2022 at 05:51, coprolite said:

That's a fair point, but they are not really "free market" privatised yet because of the rules which prevent the sale of goodwill in a GP practice. That's why there aren't massive groups consolidating GP practices like they are with Dentists, opticians and vets. 

Thats not actually the case anymore, one to watch out for is the ‘Barclay’ group, who are buying up GP practices and making a fortune. 

11 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Someone please stop the planet, I want aff. 

We truly are living through a cursed playthrough. 

They should do a duet. The world needs something to remove from the record books the present holders of the "Worst Recording in History" award, presently held by Arthur Mullard and Hylda Baker since 1978 for the track "You're the one that I want". 

(Warning.... Those of a nervous disposition should not under any circumstances research that 1978 abomination.) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2022 at 08:37, Salt n Vinegar said:

They should do a duet. The world needs something to remove from the record books the present holders of the "Worst Recording in History" award, presently held by Arthur Mullard and Hylda Baker since 1978 for the track "You're the one that I want". 

(Warning.... Those of a nervous disposition should not under any circumstances research that 1978 abomination.) 

Blasphemy !!!!! Arthur & Hylda's 'Grease' tribute is a classic of the genre. Almost on a par with Peter Wyngarde's 'Hippie and the Skinhead'.......I wish I could have seen the looks on the faces of the record executives when they first heard this. They must have expected a series of anodyne MOR standards. Then this insanity dropped on their lap. Wonderful and bloody hilarious. What a man.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

54 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Blasphemy !!!!! Arthur & Hylda's 'Grease' tribute is a classic of the genre. Almost on a par with Peter Wyngarde's 'Hippie and the Skinhead'.......

If someone posts a link to Telly Savalas singing "She" and William Shatner murdering "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be well on their way. "Stranger Things" would be a kiddies tea party by comparison. 😁

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/10/britain-political-housing-health

"The greatest exhaustion of all lies in the realm of political ideas. The unparalleled expertise of Boris Johnson’s team in prosecuting culture wars is no use to it now that there is an economic crisis where it is flush out of ideas. Just look at the government’s wheeze this week for dealing with the housing crisis: to copy Margaret Thatcher’s fire sale of council homes and extend the principle to property owned by housing associations and charities. This is itself a policy that George Osborne scraped together five years ago, before dropping it back to the bottom of the barrel."