General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its ok, I mean nothing bad has ever happened after the US funded and trained a marginalised group against an aggressor and then swiftly withdrawn. I’d give it a 9/11 chance that nothing bad will happen as a result from this.

We all see what you did there...

Here comes the tedious “will she, won’t she join the SNP” we had with Henry McLeish.
She's proven herself absolutely fucking useless in every capacity. They'd be crazy to have her as anything more than a standard member.

As a fairly recent convert myself, I reckon the more folk who were previously strong supporters of the union and decide to change, the better. Particularly one who would have a decent knowledge of the strategies and arguments of the other side.
She never seemed to have sufficient gravitas as leader of Labour but if it were to happen, I’d be ok with that.

Kezia, career politician who thought she was fighting for something that mattered to her, taken in by a bit of bollocks and chucked it when the bollocks became apparent and has now distanced herself from it. Shes just an idealist who fought for a different ideal than most snp voters, people are allowed to change their minds and Kez should be welcomed into the movement if that’s her choice.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Kezia, career politician who thought she was fighting for something that mattered to her, taken in by a bit of bollocks and chucked it when the bollocks became apparent and has now distanced herself from it. Shes just an idealist who fought for a different ideal than most snp voters, people are allowed to change their minds and Kez should be welcomed into the movement if that’s her choice.

She can join the SNP if she wants.  I wouldn’t want to see her in any elected or appointed office.

Let’s not forget that she was a fucking awful Labour leader.  Truly, truly awful. 

She can join the SNP if she wants.  I wouldn’t want to see her in any elected or appointed office.
Let’s not forget that she was a fucking awful Labour leader.  Truly, truly awful. 

Oh im not disputing any of that, she doesnt have the leadership qualities to be in any elected office, but if she wants to come out for yes then mare power to her imo.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Oh im not disputing any of that, she doesnt have the leadership qualities to be in any elected office, but if she wants to come out for yes then mare power to her imo.

Well she did vote Neigh.

Also worth remembering that she'll happily drop any work commitments in exchange for the promise of personal enrichment.

Not uncommon among politicians, but not many have been quite so shameless about it.

https://t.co/ThdURUaKdf?amp=

While I fully accept women are held to a different standard to men with costs of haircuts, clothing and cosmetics, this sounds excessive from the Provost of Glasgow.

A decent piece on the Lord Provost - though I still feel the optics of her expenses are a bad look https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17961898.sack-glasgows-lord-provost-eva-bolander-no-wrong/

35 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tbf these are the sorts of loonballs who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy.

Given the number of hijackers involved 9/11 was definitely a conspiracy, because more than one person was involved in a secret plan. What it wasn't unless you are in Alex Jones sort of territory was an inside job. Think the paranoia about Kezia Dugdale was driven in part by her father being in the SNP.

A decent piece on the Lord Provost - though I still feel the optics of her expenses are a bad look https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17961898.sack-glasgows-lord-provost-eva-bolander-no-wrong/

It’s not a bad article but completely misses the ridiculousness of a council official spending money - any money - on haircuts, glasses, underwear etc.

At a time where the UK is slitting it’s own throat based on 51.8% of people’s opinion, I’m not sure you’d get above even 5% of people who think this is remotely acceptable.