General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

28 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

DRoss on fire here. Funniest thing all week.

Gold. Maybe he’s just trying to win back Big Dog’s love after his foot-stomping the other week. “Watch me, daddy - I’m being incompetent, I’m being incompetent!”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/11/farewell-cressida-dick-the-met-chief-only-interested-in-one-thing-ignoring-bad-coppers

"Cressida Dick absolutely despised Line of Duty. The endlessly promoted Metropolitan police chief really crossed the road to tip on the BBC smash hit – so tellingly incensed by a show about sidelined cops doing the painful and unpopular work of rooting out bad apples. As Dame Cressida finally resigns from the spoilt barrel of the Met, I couldn’t help but recall a 2019 Radio Times interview in which she expanded on her issues.

“I was absolutely outraged by the level of casual and extreme corruption that was being portrayed as the way the police is,” Dick told the magazine. “It’s so far from that. The standards and professionalism are so high.” Mmm. It was left to the show’s creator, Jed Mercurio, to offer a little background. “My inspiration for creating Line of Duty was @metpoliceuk shooting an innocent man and their dishonesty in the aftermath,” he explained icily, “so thanks to Cressida Dick for reminding me of our connection.” Dick, of course, ran the bungled counterterrorism operation that resulted in Met officers fatally shooting Jean Charles de Menezes, an entirely innocent 27-year-old electrician."

10 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Quick google suggest the Moray rambler is what RBS's van was nicknamed. Nothing official and not TSB anyway.

It could be DRoss will be nicknamed from now on.

This is more effort that than baw-faced thick f**k went to.

This is shocking by that utterly useless clown Fraser.

Thinking its amusing to use that flag to slag off a rival political party like that is disgusting.

The Greens leadership really need to protest strongly about that and this is something Fraser needs punished for.

But no doubt fellow tories will find that amusing as well.

8 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Thinking its amusing to use that flag to slag off a rival political party like that is disgusting.

The Greens leadership really need to protest strongly about that and this is something Fraser needs punished for.

It's been reported several times on twitter, hopefully they will take action 

9 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

He has form for this tomfoolery and is an individual of law credibility. The look on the tank commander's face confirms as much

Taxpayers Alliance seem to be awfully quiet on this. Odd that.
However suggest giving ordinary public sector workers a pay rise to match the cost of living and...
Spot on. Hate the Taxpayers Alliance BUT have to acknowledge that they are very effective at misinformation and setting the narrative. Surprised how many people don't realise that what purports to be a group of like minded questioning tax payers are actually a bunch of journalists and spin doctors funded by donations from Tories. CNUTS.

• 2 weeks later...
Could be a few years before Russia can afford to rely on China instead of Europe to sell its gas to, and when it happens, who sets the price?
https://www.dw.com/en/russian-gas-boost-fuels-moscows-china-pivot/a-60393843
One of the issues is that Eastern Russian oil and gas deposits and Western Russian oil and gas deposits aren't really connected. So if Europe stops importing Russian gas they can't really sell that same gas to China as things stand.

Lord Lisvane

Bercow (not a Lord)

Without immediate access to the report, I was unable to take an objective view on the diametric testimonies as available.

On the face of it, there are three colleagues with cases and one of them, the linked Lisvane, with a prodigious diary.

If only P&B had a poster who might have some salacious gossip from the inside of the Commons