General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Ct9Y0pVWgAEkYYX.jpg

Have your papers ready and climb into the cattle trucks when ordered.

I doubt that such a law would be passed by the Commons. There are lots of Liberal and libertarian Tory MPs who would vote against it. Opposition in the Lords will be even fiercer. The CBI, IoD and other business organisations will lobby against such laws and regulations. Rudd is clearly an opportunist whose lack of Ministerial experience is worrying. I still can't believe that the harridan was married to AA Gill.

ETA - Institute of Directors:

“Business leaders are not pantomime villains, evading taxes and employing cheap labour from abroad out of some destructive desire to do Britain down… Plans to ‘name and shame’ companies who employ foreign workers, aside from adding to bureaucracy, send precisely the wrong message. The Prime Minister should instead listen to her own advice and remember that, in Britain, it doesn’t matter where you were born.”

Edited by Bishop Briggs

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

A Bill to leave the EU. Grammar schools. More money for defence. Feels like the UKIP parliamentary party has taken control of government

So Carswell, who is the UKIP parliamentary party, is taking the credit? Is he planning to defect back to the Tories? It certainly sounds that way.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So Carswell, who is the UKIP parliamentary party, is taking the credit? Is he planning to defect back to the Tories? It certainly sounds that way.

UKIP leadership contender Steven Woolfe says Theresa May's speech made him "wonder whether our future was within her new Conservative Party"

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Depressing how many folk seem to back it, especially that the SNP figures aren't more against it either.

You'll get a better standard of work from companies that employ foreign workers, so identifying these companies can only be a good thing.

Despite voting SNP in recent elections, I've always been of the opinion that regardless of the government, they'd probably do an OK job and with every budget /policy there would be some minor winners and some minor losers.

The very recent shunt to the far right by the Conservatives is the first time I've been hugely concerned about the government in my adult life