Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Bottlers) v Hibernian

Stephen Malkmus

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back.

Excellent first half from us and really glad Stokes scored a few tonight. 2nd half Caley were the better side and were lucky not to score again towards the end. 

Hopefully big Otso can step up to the plate in the semi-final. Roll on Utd in the sem-final. Let's get back to winning in the league on Saturday.

Caley's catering is utter shite and should be reviewed by the SPFL. 

No doubt about it that is a cracking result for Hibs. Didn't see that coming given their season had fallen apart in the few weeks previous. 

Nice revenge for Stokes after all the (justified) criticism he's been taking the past few days. Decent effort from Hibs to reach Hampden again and I'd think they'll have a good chance to get into the final.

What a reign from ICT. Wins over Stirling Albion and Motherwell. Yippee.

And those were wins we laboured to. Fact is we have been very poor for a number of weeks. This goes beyond our current poor win of form and probably back to at least the start of January. Yes there are players out but Hughes has brought players in but he's not impressed in the transfer market seemingly content to sign midfielder after midfielder and not strengthen either the defence or attack. It's been a very odd transfer policy to say the least.

EDIT: Seen some pictures kicking about, apparently Hibs had 1,700 there last night which is a superb effort. They will easily have outnumbered the home support. Fair play to them.

Stokes quite clearly caught sight of all his old pals having a laugh at the races and realised he was well on the way to Hibsing his career. Probably be shite for the rest of the season following last night petulant 2 goal outburst.

This always happens with Hughes. It's a credit to Caley that you actually achieved something before the Yogi slump.

Thought the exact same last night. To be fair he got us to fourth in the league but even then that became a struggle near the end of the season.

Well done Hibs.  Took 'bottle' to come back from the defeat on Sunday and go to a tough ground like Inverness and win (albeit they're not in great form obviously!).  Well done, really pleased for you's.

Haven't checked back through the pages, but was Stokes at the tip of the midfield diamond, or were you guys playing 433?

Bit sad that the two cups wont be in the Highlands for very long, but it's fantastic that Inverness and Ross County managed to do that at all.
If we don't finish 4th, I'd love to see Hibs win the cup (I live about 100m from Tynecastle and it can be really fucking tedious, would be great to see you guys put the Scottish Cup hoodoo to bed!).
If we do finish 4th, I think we need Celtic to win the cup so we can get Europe?? That's a digression though ;-)

Nice revenge for Stokes after all the (justified) criticism he's been taking the past few days. Decent effort from Hibs to reach Hampden again and I'd think they'll have a good chance to get into the final.

What a reign from ICT. Wins over Stirling Albion and Motherwell. Yippee.

Better than StMirren's reign. Pretty sure Clydebank pumped us in 1988 and we hardly won another Scottish Cup game for a decade.

Better than StMirren's reign. Pretty sure Clydebank pumped us in 1988 and we hardly won another Scottish Cup game for a decade.

Hearts lost the cup they won in 2012 in December 2012 to us. I'm sure it took until 2016 for them to even score again in the tournament before getting ellininated to yes you guessed it, us ðŸ‘

Not to worry, Glasgow Celtic will put you to the sword. Imagine we get through, all green final, no segregation and tri colours galore.

Paradise.

Is the final at Parkhead this year?

Archived