Weekend Betting 19th - 21st February

Fitba Tips

Looks like a pretty difficult weekend in Scotland to me. Value hunters and draw finders might have the best of it this weekend as there certainly seems to be plenty to occupy their thoughts.

I am NAPing St Mirren again and quite happy to do so to be honest at even money with bet365. Also backing +2.5 goals in St J v Motherwell match and Celtic -2 Asian Handicap (sucker for punishment).

Got the usual mix of doubles and trebles to keep the dreams alive, too.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/betting/132-scottish-football-tips-best-bets-20th-february-2016

In the immortal words of the best TV Cook before sex appeal was invented, lets be having you.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am caught in 2 minds about Hearts as I think their price at Tannadice is a bit generous given its clearly the worst side in the league versus clearly the 3rd best however there has to be a question mark as to how they will react to Tuesday night’s cup exit. Similarly, I suppose, how will United react to the fall out of an appalling result and performance versus Motherwell. All this being said, if Hearts turn up focused and are anywhere near their best, they surely win this match.

I think the same sort of thinking applies to Aberdeen at Firhill. Even money seems more than fair but it is just a question if you are fully confident McInness will get the right reaction to their loss at Inverness.

The price on Motherwell actually caught my eye before their win at Tannadice given St Johnstone’s run of form but all things considered the W/D/W market is probably best left alone.

Re St Mirren, appreciate things have changed but they have lost twice already to Dumbarton. I like the higher price on under 2.5 goals rather than a home win, indeed had this and Airdrie versus Stranraer on my list as the most likely ‘unders’ matches.

I have instead opted to do an over 2.5 match goals double on Cowdenbeath v Peterhead and East Stirling v Annan at around 2.6.

My main bet for the weekend is at a near identical price and is an accumulator of straight wins for 4 of Scotland’s most dominant sides, Celtic and Dunfermline on Saturday and Hibs and Rangers on Sunday. Of the 4, I would probably actually say Rangers at the ‘riskiest’.

As for the other ones I like the look of for Saturday:

Ross County at home to Hamilton but they has been cut from an initial 10/11 to 4/5 which could be deemed slightly to short? County to score over 1.5 goals is better odds though Hamilton have had 4 clean sheets in their last 5 matches which slightly tempers this in spite of County normally being pretty prolific.

Sheffield Wednesday at Preston. 10/11 draw no bet would probably be safer than 9/5 on the straight win. Wednesday are pretty much the form side in the league and on the charge but definitely much stronger at home and Preston have had a decent season of consolidation themselves under Simon Grayson.

Bournemouth v Everton over 2.5 goals – this match strikes me as one featuring goals. The league game finished 3-3. Both play positively. As the later kick off, will likely await afternoon results and of course team news is always vital in the FA Cup.

One team, I will not be backing against is Montrose – the last 2 Saturday’s they have done my main bet when trailing by 2 goals with 10 minutes left and 1 goals going into the last minute – unbelievable Jeff!

List of placed bets:

-Celtic, Dunfermline, Hibernian, Rangers – 2.6

-Cowdenbeath v Peterhead and East Stirling v Annan – over 2.5 match goals – 2.6

-Airdrie v Stranraer and St Mirren v Dumbarton – under 2.5 match goals – 4.5

-Sheffield Wednesday DNB – 1.91

-Ross County – 1.90

-Aberdeen, Hearts, Watford, Burnley, Peterhead, Ayr – 35.1

Aberdeen on the drift big time, 5/4 straight win, 5/2 to win to nil, 4/7 draw no bet.

The win to nil price is very tempting .

The way the market is going, these prices may get slightly longer before kick-off.

Seems a slight over reaction to Monday’s result, Hayes injury and possibly a feeling a similar run of results will occur to that when they lost at Inverness earlier this season

We have only not scored in 1 game in Paisley all season (Rangers) and only had our first clean sheet against QotS 2 weeks ago, so every other game in Paisley has had both teams scoring, I'd be tempted to do the same again tomorrow although Dumbarton have fired a lot of blanks away from home this season. If Nade plays for Dumbarton tomorrow I can see him causing us a bit of bother.

Wick to beat Buckie Thistle at home tomorrow at evens in the Hills shops is practically free money. Minimum treble but they don't all have to be in the HL/LL/Juniors. (Apologies when Buckie inevitably hammer an 8 man Wick side.)

P.S. Partick Thistle Aberdeen game's been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Done £30 on sheep and Dijon now just Dijon 6/5. Also done £10 on McGinn first goal in shop this afternoon. Pish

Hate it when games get postponed like that, really messes up multiple strategies. Had the Dons as a banker.

Ventured into a couple of markets I don't usually go for, my favourite is this spincast treble;

Kilmarnock v Dundee

Away win - Kane Hemmings anytime - over 3.5 goals

13/2

Ross County v Hamilton

Home win - Liam Boyce anytime - over 2.5 goals

11/4

St Johnstone v Motherwell

Home win - Steven McLean anytime - over 2.5 goals

7/2

Wick to beat Buckie Thistle at home tomorrow at evens in the Hills shops is practically free money. Minimum treble but they don't all have to be in the HL/LL/Juniors. (Apologies when Buckie inevitably hammer an 8 man Wick side.)

P.S. Partick Thistle Aberdeen game's been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Wick game's off.

Dundee, Hearts, Ross County, Sheff Wed - £5 for £142

Elgin, Raith, East Fife, Wigan, Bristol City - £4 for £175

Peterhead -1, Dunfermline -2, Falkirk -1, Ayr -1 - £2 for £185

Kane Hemmings, Willie Gibson, Nathan Austin, Jordan Preston - Anytime GS £4 for £111

Ventured into a couple of markets I don't usually go for, my favourite is this spincast treble;

Kilmarnock v Dundee

Away win - Kane Hemmings anytime - over 3.5 goals

13/2

Ross County v Hamilton

Home win - Liam Boyce anytime - over 2.5 goals

11/4

St Johnstone v Motherwell

Home win - Steven McLean anytime - over 2.5 goals

7/2

Celtic v Caley Thistle

Away win - Leigh Griffiths anytime - over 2.5 goals

40/1 :1eye

Might look daft but the same bet paid off for me earlier in the season for Aberdeen v Celtic. Wee single plus a treble combined with Keith and Nairn wins in the HL for 573/1. :lol:

Archived