Weekend betting 26-28 February

venga1

Pretty decent weekend for me last week and three superb midweeks in the last four including two 9/1 correct score bets with my free 50 stake on the Bet365 Champions league offer matches. Hopefully it will continue into this weekend....

A bet that stands out based on form and statistics this week as offering superb value is Peterhead to beat Brechin with both teams scoring at 21/10. Peterhead have won 7 of their last 8 and all of these have seen the opposition net. Brechin, in spite of being pretty woeful for almost all of the season, have scored in their last 3 matches, have managed to score in each of their 3 games versus Dunfermline and scored 4 goals in their 2 previous games against Peterhead. One note of caution is that Brechin actually havent lost to Peterhead which is in itself fairly remarkable however it is hard to see this being the case come 16:50 on Saturday. Brechin just to score a goal is 21/20 which seems very generous given the stats and also considering Peterhead have been operating with a makeshift backline for some time.

I said a few weeks back that my money was on East Fife to unravel the puzzle that is league 2 and ultimately come out on top given the business they carried out. They face a tricky trip to Hampden on Saturday but the Fifers have the fire power to breach a notoriously tight defence. 7/4 is probably a fair price though would maybe have liked slightly better.

I saw Airdrie last week first hand and they were pretty poor and especially static and slow going forward albeit without Lister and they did look better when Watt came on at half time. It also seems a decent addition has been made in the loan market this week in young, Thompson from Rangers. Ayr appear to have pretty much got over their sticky patch with there being no disgrace in a narrow defeat to Peterhead or at East End Park where circumstances impacted when they led 2-0. Ayr have beaten Airdrie twice already this term and I would favour a third win for them. Again 31/20 is probably fair though I would have ideally liked better.

Instead of win singles or a win double on these 2, I have elected to go with a draw no bet double which is available at 3.99 top price.

Have also elected to back Ross County again this week but instead of the straight win, I am taking a chance at the 11/4 available on them to win with Dundee United also scoring.

Another match result and both teams to score bet that has a good chance is Dunfermline at 5/2, indeed the price on Stranraer just to score of 5/4 looks very decent value. I have not currently put any money down on this match though.

In England, nothing stands out as single material in the Premiership and the Championship is also as tough as ever though I have to be on in form Burnley at struggling Bolton at odds against. Took 11/10 earlier in the week and they are now odd on.

In terms of goals, the matches that I initially shortlisted for over 2.5 were at Ross County, Peterhead, Stenhousemuir, Elgin and Berwick. After deliberation, I have omitted Ross County (or in fact gone with an alternate single bet) and Elgin and placed a treble at 4.49 on the other 3. It should not be far away though on these over 2.5 goal multiples, I seem always to be one game or one goal out.

Finally, will stick on an accumulator as usual and this week I fancy Celtic and Hull on Friday night with Stoke, Leicester, Elgin and Rangers looking like the possible additions to make the 6 fold.

A bet that stands out based on form and statistics this week as offering superb value is Peterhead to beat Brechin with both teams scoring at 21/10. Peterhead have won 7 of their last 8 and all of these have seen the opposition net. Brechin, in spite of being pretty woeful for almost all of the season, have scored in their last 3 matches, have managed to score in each of their 3 games versus Dunfermline and scored 4 goals in their 2 previous games against Peterhead. One note of caution is that Brechin actually havent lost to Peterhead which is in itself fairly remarkable however it is hard to see this being the case come 16:50 on Saturday. Brechin just to score a goal is 21/20 which seems very generous given the stats and also considering Peterhead have been operating with a makeshift backline for some time.

bad news Venga01

I have included Peterhead in my Even Money Double, we all know what that means

http://www.pieandbovril.com/betting/133-scottish-football-tips-best-bets-27th-february-2016

Good work midweek too, well played. I had that horrible missed opportunity feeling midweek having missed Morton at a ridiculous price and the hangover still hurts.

Can anyone recommend 6 or 7 even money shots for this weekend please?

If I could do that I would be doing it from the Bahamas

The even money double I do for the website page has won 6 from 7 times. That's a start but the problem with even money shots is they are destined to lose 50% of the time.

Pretty decent weekend for me last week and three superb midweeks in the last four including two 9/1 correct score bets with my free 50 stake on the Bet365 Champions league offer matches. Hopefully it will continue into this weekend....

I said a few weeks back that my money was on East Fife to unravel the puzzle that is league 2 and ultimately come out on top given the business they carried out. They face a tricky trip to Hampden on Saturday but the Fifers have the fire power to breach a notoriously tight defence. 7/4 is probably a fair price though would maybe have liked slightly better.

I saw Airdrie last week first hand and they were pretty poor and especially static and slow going forward albeit without Lister and they did look better when Watt came on at half time. It also seems a decent addition has been made in the loan market this week in young, Thompson from Rangers. Ayr appear to have pretty much got over their sticky patch with there being no disgrace in a narrow defeat to Peterhead or at East End Park where circumstances impacted when they led 2-0. Ayr have beaten Airdrie twice already this term and I would favour a third win for them. Again 31/20 is probably fair though I would have ideally liked better.

Instead of win singles or a win double on these 2, I have elected to go with a draw no bet double which is available at 3.99 top price.

Have also elected to back Ross County again this week but instead of the straight win, I am taking a chance at the 11/4 available on them to win with Dundee United also scoring.

Another match result and both teams to score bet that has a good chance is Dunfermline at 5/2, indeed the price on Stranraer just to score of 5/4 looks very decent value. I have not currently put any money down on this match though.

In England, nothing stands out as single material in the Premiership and the Championship is also as tough as ever though I have to be on in form Burnley at struggling Bolton at odds against. Took 11/10 earlier in the week and they are now odd on.

In terms of goals, the matches that I initially shortlisted for over 2.5 were at Ross County, Peterhead, Stenhousemuir, Elgin and Berwick. After deliberation, I have omitted Ross County (or in fact gone with an alternate single bet) and Elgin and placed a treble at 4.49 on the other 3. It should not be far away though on these over 2.5 goal multiples, I seem always to be one game or one goal out.

Finally, will stick on an accumulator as usual and this week I fancy Celtic and Hull on Friday night with Stoke, Leicester, Elgin and Rangers looking like the possible additions to make the 6 fold.

Printing money IMO, we will concede at least one.

Admittedly I'm taking it from the league table alone but Eibar look generous at 3/4 at home to Las Palmas tonight

I wouldn't go too big on that, Las Palmas beat them in the last two meetings, home and away, and put up a decent fight against Barca on Saturday. Their away record is pretty awful though, and Eibar's home record is good, thus the odds. I've still gone for LP though at 4/1.

Dons -2 at 4/1 looks great against an injury ravaged and on piss poor form st.johnstone

Is Hayes fit for this one? If not then they'll be relying solely on Niall McGinn for creativity and he's either great or shit.... I'd be avoiding that one but fair play if it comes in.

List of my placed bets for this weekend in order of highest stake downwards:

Burnley to win at Bolton 2.10

Ayr DNB at Airdrie and East Fife DNB at Queens Park double 3.60

Peterhead to beat Brechin with both teams scoring 3.00

Falkirk v QOS and Queens Park v East Fife under 2.5 match goals double 3.50 (missed out a bit as this was 3.99 yesterday)

Ross County to beat Dundee United with both teams scoring 3.75

Stenhousemuir v Cowdenbeath, Peterhead v Brechin and Berwick v Montrose over 2.5 match goals treble 4.49

Celtic, Hull, Elgin, Leicester, Stoke, Rangers and Aberdeen win accumulator 15.29

Still contemplating something on the Dufermline v Stranraer game revolving around Stranrear to net. 29/20 for us to score a goal is huge with 13/8 both to score and 27/10 Dunfermline to win with both teams scoring also decent.

Few bets on tomorrow.

post-1545-14565124796272_thumb.jpg

Trebles and an accumulator on 4 Wincast bets.

Hemmings and Dundee 7/2

Rooney and Aberdeen 13/8

Mahrez and Leicester City 23/10

Biscuity Boyce and Ross County 13/5

Three up will be sweet all four and I'll probably be off work for a couple of weeks ;)

Nibble on Thistle BTTS @ 5/1

Archived