St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle 2/3/16

Seems like only last week we last played St Johnstone.

Despite that with them getting a good result yesterday and us chucking in an absolute shocker, the momentum is probably with the home team here. Archie did very well in the media not to throw Nesbitt under the bus and blame the system but I presume he'll be dropped, maybe with Amoo coming in and Lawless moving inside. Although I do get the impression Amoo is always better as a sub, so maybe Edwards will get a shot.

We famously haven't won in Perth since 199..., oh f**k, we have. If we win there twice in a season though we should just stop playing and go out on a high.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rekt m8

There's been 3 scheduled midweek cards this season. We've had ICT away, Aberdeen away, and St Johnstone away as the 3 fixtures. OK for the club with midweek attendances being poorer but a bit shite for our fans.

Just had a horrible thought that Welsh might be the one to come back in :(

No idea how we set up for this btw. Back four and keeper will likely remain the same. After that you have Spoony starting and probably Swanson. No idea about Millar/Muzzs fitness nor how Macca/Cummins/Kane played yesterday

Just had a horrible thought that Welsh might be the one to come back in :(

I think so. We'll almost certainly field a more defensive lineup than we have for the past two games. It'll be back to a central midfield 3 for this one, and whilst I'd like to see Edwards come in if we're dropping Nesbitt, it'll more likely be Welsh.

Win would be rather fabulous. Both matches have been reasonably tight so far, despite the results. Wouldn't be surprised to see Maclean out of the squad again after the justification used last week and it seems Millar and Davidson will be available again.

Hard match - both sides will view it as winnable.

I hope we line up:

Mannus

Fisher Anderson Shaughnessy Scobbie

Wotherspoon Millar Davidson Swanson

Maclean Cummins

I think we need to drop Osman, Pogba and Amoo from the squad, don't really want them to have to endure racism from the St Johnstone support for a 2nd week in a row.

I'm more offended by their boring Toryism personally.

Archived