Raith Rovers vs. Queen of the South Tuesday, 8th March 4th v 5th Battl

Happy with that at half time but we've got to be cautious after Saturday. Hopefully we can press on and kill it off.

Lyle, Russell and Murdoch to get on to either salvage a draw or win 3-2.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's getting harder and harder to do I'm afraid. If we lose every game between now and May will fowler be gone ?

I was only yanking Supersouth's chain. He's usually optimistic and supportive, whereas I'm a miserable sod at the best of times.

This is not the best of times.

180 minutes v Hibs and Raith and we manage a grand total of 5 shots. Please go now Fowler!!!

Desperate stuff. Cue the we didn't play as badly as I thought type posts not much between the teams etc. Dreadful.

YAAASSSS!

Absolutely buzzing off this result. So pleased we kept a clean sheet and saw the game out - 4 straight wins beating the three teams directly below us is different class from Ray Mac and the Boys!

Can't wait for Alloa away on Saturday now!

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

Queens didn't manage to get the ball up the park and hold it there, not even once. Really poor going forward. To query what others have mentioned, how are Lyle and Russell not starting games? Pickard looks like a total imposter.

We absolutely controlled the game. Queens managed a few corners, but didn't really make them look dangerous.

I disagree with CALDERON above when he said we'd let Queens back into it. They had some ball thirty yards from goal, but even then we looked more likely to score on the break.

On another night, we could've had five or six. Thomson made two good saves from Hardie in the second half, but there was an element of fortune in both, the ball could've easily zipped off him and into the goal instead of flying wide.

If Queens are going to be playing like that, I can't see them picking up as many points as us, St Mirren and Morton between now and the end of the season, nevermind closing a seven point gap.

Agree with the hate for Pickard. The season is practically over now, so what would be the best thing to do now is put this 18 year old on the bench where he'll be more use and his development can stall further. We simply must play our best players from now on. Fifth spot is still very much on and gaining fifth ahead of developing our young players is obviously what we should be looking to do.

<_<

Archived