Player Of The Year

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Stewart should not be in there.

Unfortunately the votes aren't compiled by lower league football fans who get their knowledge of Premiership players from 40 second highlight packages on Sportscene, m8.

Very defensive.

I think it should be Lewis Moult, Kane Hemmings, Lee Griffiths and Jonny Hayes.

I do realise Stewart has a number of assists and that it is complied by players rather than us debt paying diddies.

Very defensive.

I think it should be Lewis Moult, Kane Hemmings, Lee Griffiths and Jonny Hayes.

I do realise Stewart has a number of assists and that it is complied by players rather than us debt paying diddies.

Funnily enough Moult being left out is something I thought of too.

Would probably agree with they 4 you've said, think Griffiths or Hemmings will get it, just let Griffiths have the top scorer, Hemmings scoring the amount he has, for Dundee, is very impressive and I'd like to see them give it to him.

Greg Stewart should not be in there.

_74710730_stewart.jpg

How we didn't win the Championship with Kane and Greg up top I have no idea.  Great they've been recognised for their performances this season.

I reckon Hemmings deserves it. His shots to goal conversion is 0.32 (compared to Griffiths' 0.22) and 21 goals + 5 assists (and climbing) with a team 7th in the league is pretty good going.

I've had a very quick look through the other Scottish and English leagues and no one seems to match the shots to goal ratio of Hemmings (although I suspect there will be someone who does that I haven't noticed).

EDIT: William Grigg at Wigan and Nicky Ajose at Swindon do. 

I probably would have included Moult over Stewart and that's coming from someone who has watched him 25+ times this season.

But hey, Dundee players making up half of the POTY nominees isn't something I'm gonna complain about :)

In my, probably biased, opinion - Hemmings should win it. He's been more consistent than Stewart and has exceeded expectations relative to his teams position. Compare this to Griffiths who is playing for a team that should probably always have the leagues top scorer in their ranks. Hayes, I'd struggle to comment on. Haven't heard much noise from Aberdeen fans about his performances over the season, but I've also only seen him play maybe 3 or 4 times.

Griffiths, McKay and Warburton it'll be won't it lads?

Haven't seen enough of McKay to say whether or not he merits the award, but if Warburton wins it will solely based on a penalty shoot out win over Celtic. While there is no doubt he has done a good job(In comparison to McCoist at least), he has pretty much only done the minimum you would expect of a manager at the club he is at in the division they are in.

Archived