Player Of The Year

Jackson Irvine is probably my favourite non-AFC player in the league. His style of play, his hair, his accent, his cheekbones, plus he's a genuinely effective box-2-box midfielder, not something we see much these days.

FTFY.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who has Hearts POTY been? I'm a big fan of Djoum but not sure if he's done it over the season. I'd certainly have Griffiths and Shinnie in, not sure who else. 

Djoum has been very good but signed late and didn't start a game until the end of October or something. Walker and Ozturk have also been good but have both missed a few months each through injury. Sow was one of our best players until he left. Nicholson and Paterson are good young players but aren't always consistent. Rossi has probably been closest to consistently performing over the whole season so far, although he's had to play out of position a lot. We don't really have a stand-out candidate.

I do think that Hemmings will be on the list but I won't include him as he's one of our own.

Griffiths, McLean, Irvine and Rossi would be mines.

Edit: Forgot about Shinnie, would have him in there instead of Rossi. Rossi has been really impressive though.

Hemmings, Griffiths, Shinnie, MacDonald

All have been excellent this season individually. Also, when considering the potential effect it would have on their respective clubs if they were not available, they stand out most to me.

Griffiths will get it, but come the end of the season it may be the case that MacDonald has kept Killie in this league which I'd find hard to ignore.

I only wish we'd been able to keep Danny Ward for the entire season :(

Griffiths, Shinnie, Hemmings, +1. Griffiths to win by a mile, but hopefully Gordon Strachan remembers Shinnie exists as a result of his nomination.

Young player: Patterson or Tierney

Shinnie is clearly not as good a left back as Mulgrew. Or a better midfielder than Mulgrew. I'll just leave that there.

• 1 month later...

Archived