Player Of The Year

Its about now that the SPFA or whatever they call themselves send out their nomination slips to players

Putting aside club rivalries and dislikes of clubs and individuals who would your five nominees be?

Id go for Leigh Griffiths, Adam Rooney, Jackson Irvine, Johnny Hayes and Liam Boyce. If Danny Ward hadnt left in January id have had him in for either Hayes or Boyce

Young player id nominate Kieron Tierney, Sam Nicholson, Blair Spittal and Greg Kiltie. I had Louis Moult in but just noticed he is 24 and im sure the criteria for young player is 22 and under

Obviously im biased but id give each award to Griffiths and Tierney

Thoughts?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be biased myself, but can't see past Griffiths & Tierney.

Certainly think Adam Rooney has done well this season. Blair Spittal impressed me this season in the games I seen them but like many at Utd it seems that he was far too inconsistent for large spells. The lad has talent though.

If there was a Diddy of the year award, we'd prob do a treble because the likes of Boyata, Ciftci & Kazim-Richards would be favourites.

Might be biased myself, but can't see past Griffiths & Tierney.

Certainly think Adam Rooney has done well this season. Blair Spittal impressed me this season in the games I seen them but like many at Utd it seems that he was far too inconsistent for large spells. The lad has talent though.

If there was a Diddy of the year award, we'd prob do a treble because the likes of Boyata, Ciftci & Kazim-Richards would be favourites.

Boyata and Ciftci easily make the worst Celtic select I've ever seen. And I have seen Martin Hayes in a Celtic jersey

Spittal  :lol:

It's obviously going to be Griffiths and Tierney so theres absolutely no point discussing it

Agree with Grifftiths however Tierney not so.

Tierney is clearly going to get Young Player of the Year, its not even questionable.

(Super)John McGinn.

Do lower league players count or have their own awards? As he's the only one that can challenge Tierney for the YPOTY, despite his high profile ragdolling in the League Cup

Archived