England

bobthespider

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Stones really shouldn't be there. I don't know who I'd replace him with, but he's been pretty shite all season. Have Wilshere or Rooney actually done much either? Or Sterling? Or Delph? I reckon it'll be Rashford, Townsend and one more that'll drop out, though.

Typical It'll be a joke if they don't take drinkwater, he's been the best English midfielder by a mile this season.

It will be a joke if they don't start him never mind take him. Dier Drinkwater and Alli should be their midfield.

Assuming no one picks up injuries before the squad is announced...

Rashford and Delph will be two who drop out.

The other is between Drinkwater, Henderson, Wilshere or Townsend. 

Roy probably wants to drop Drinkwater but might fear a bit of a backlash and omit Henderson instead.

John Stones really shouldn't be there. I don't know who I'd replace him with, but he's been pretty shite all season. Have Wilshere or Rooney actually done much either? Or Sterling? Or Delph? I reckon it'll be Rashford, Townsend and one more that'll drop out, though.

When did people decide Stones was good?  I've never seen him have a good game.

Hart, Forster, Heaton

​Cahill, Betrand, Clyne, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker

Alli, Barkley, Delph, Dier, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Townsend, Wilshere

Kane, Rashford, Vardy, Rooeny, Sturridge

3 to be cut.

That's an incredibly mediocre squad, even although the midfield looks pretty strong.

Delph, Rashford and Wilshere to drop out, unless Wilshere's fitness is way better than you'd expect - in which case Townsend will be cut.

When did people decide Stones was good? I've never seen him have a good game.

Think it was either last season or the season before. I think he can be a decent centre-back but nowhere near the level he's being touted for.

That's an incredibly mediocre squad, even although the midfield looks pretty strong.

Delph, Rashford and Wilshere to drop out, unless Wilshere's fitness is way better than you'd expect - in which case Townsend will be cut.

Bit harsh on the forwards - Kane and Vardy are both in form and are probably the best options they've had in a while.  Midfield is strong as you say, but defence is where they're going to struggle. 

Not much width in that midfield.

Wilshere being selected is a bit of a joke and an insult to the fringe players who tried to make that squad.

I expect a glorious second round exit after stumbling past Slovakia, Gareth Bale and Russia.

3 of those goals were penalties, he wont hit penalties for England therefore including them is pretty worthless in terms of seeing what kind of goal threat he'll be from midfield. 4 goals in a season from open play in a successful team this year is pretty poor. The 3 players mentioned are just better players, if they are fit (I've no idea if they are) then he's right to pick them over Noble.

Rashford is a certainty to get cut, can tell from listening to Hodgson that will be the case. Delph will get punted too I imagine. The third really depends on how he wants his squad structured. Can't see him cutting any defenders, he has 2 full backs for each side and 3 centre backs. I'd say Drinkwater or Townsend will get cut, probably Drinkwater. Drinkwater is probably behind Wilshere, Henderson and Dier in the sitting role, so taking 4 of them is pointless. Sterling is the only real pacey wide player other than Townsend so I think Townsend will go as back up.

What a shite squad that is. Wilsheres the English version of Forrest isnt he? Can sit on a bench all season and contribute nothing yet is a certain call up.

What a shite squad that is. Wilsheres the English version of Forrest isnt he? Can sit on a bench all season and contribute nothing yet is a certain call up.

He hasn't "sat on a bench" though. He was out injured. When fit he's one of the first names on the sheet.

He hasn't "sat on a bench" though. He was out injured. When fit he's one of the first names on the sheet.

Can you please take your trolling away from me please, I'm trying to have a grown up conversation.

Archived