England

bobthespider

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best England team in around a decade imo. France are the favourites for me, then Spain and Germany. After those three though, England have a scarily good chance of reaching the semis at least, possibly even further. Or they'll start Rooney and go out to Austria in the first knockout round.

Edit: :lol: never mind, just realised they lost tonight, they're shite again. 

Ironically Germany pumped Italy 4-1 tonight.

England can still have a good tournament if Roy grows some balls.

They'll start with Milner and Henderson in the middle and Welbeck and Rooney up . Its inevitable.

Of course Rooney should go. He was man of the match in the friendly against France and from a unfamiliar wide position too. But whether he should start when we have Kane and a fully fit Sturridge as well as an on-fire Vardy who might not get another tournament is another matter.

Even in that wide left position I prefer Welbeck. The only place I see for Rooney is the tip of a diamond in a narrow 4-4-2. Even then, are you gonna drop Alli, the one who's proved he will make things happen in favour of Rooney who may slow it down too much?

Of course Rooney will play all games and will inevitably be scapegoated. I'd at least like to see Roy change it should he play him in the first and he flops again though.

Teams that concede 2 goals a game against half decent opposition don't win anything.

2 against Germany (and one disallowed), 2 against Netherlands, 2 against Spain.

England have always had good, pacey goalscorers but in midfield and defence they are not so good to rubbish.

Germany have conceded 3 against England, 1 against Italy and 2 against France in their last three games.

France have conceded 2 against Russia, 2 against holland and 2 against England in their last three games.

Italy have conceded 4 against Germany, 1 against Spain, 2 against Romania in their last 3 games (and 3 against Belgium 4 games ago)

So that basically leaves Spain as winning the tournament out of the favourites so the players might aswell go on holiday instead of playing the tournament.

Teams that concede 2 goals a game against half decent opposition don't win anything.

2 against Germany (and one disallowed), 2 against Netherlands, 2 against Spain.

England have always had good, pacey goalscorers but in midfield and defence they are not so good to rubbish.

Good summary. Welbeck, Kane and Vardy would be my front three. Walcott has lost the plot.

Rose, Stones and Milner were poor last night. Clyne is over-rated and can't deal with crosses. Bertrand is better defensively than Rose who got away with a poor challenge that should have been an early penalty. Luke Shaw is back in training so he could be an option.

I can't see how Milner was preferred to Carrick. Delph, if fully fit, will probably get into squad. Drinkwater was okay but nothing special. Wilshire, again if fully fit, would add drive and the odd goal. 

Rooney is obviously worth a place on the plane. To suggest leaving him at home is reactionary.

Hopefully Jamie Vardy breaks his leg beforehand, but if not him and Kane should start the first game, but Rooney is well worth a place in the squad.

What an absolutely bizarre chip on your shoulder to have

Unfortunately I watched his aggressive, racist rant, I can only assume you haven't watched the video. Hating racists isn't bizarre.

And I think the idiom you're looking for is bee in your bonnet. Hope this helps.

I haven't seen it, no. 

Archived