England

bobthespider

He had a good game against Barcelona once don't ya know.

He's one of those players who for England either contributes nothing or is brilliant. On that basis I'd have him in the starting line-up. The main issue is he's liable to fall over and break his ankle after about 3 minutes.

I'm not really bothered about success, but this is the first England team for over a decade that might actually be exciting to watch. That's all I want.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one of those players who for England either contributes nothing or is brilliant. On that basis I'd have him in the starting line-up. The main issue is he's liable to fall over and break his ankle after about 3 minutes.

I'm not really bothered about success, but this is the first England team for over a decade that might actually be exciting to watch. That's all I want.

Exactly. England aren't in the top-3 most talented sides in this tournament, so if they want to win it they basically need everything to go right. On that basis I'd gamble and play Wilshere.

Woy loves Wilshere.

That's terrible patter.

Wilshere's England's best central midfielder.  He's also chronically injury prone.  Naming him in the provisional squad is a no-brainer.  He'll go if he's fit.

That's terrible patter.

Wilshere's England's best central midfielder. He's also chronically injury prone. Naming him in the provisional squad is a no-brainer. He'll go if he's fit.

Still not said who's a better Scottish under 23 player available to call up than McGinn on that other thread yet....

And I like Wilshere. Don't think he should be near that squad though. Would be typical England if he were to go and start every game.

There midfield should be a combination of these 7.

Lallana/Barkley

Henderson/Milner

Dier/Drinkwater

Alli

Are folk being serious when they say they rate Wilshere?

Late to the party. I don't care at all about who England do or do not call up. But, Wilshere is so much better than anything they (and we, obviously) have got. He's just never fit.

Archived