The P&B Eating Out Guide

I like Mexican food - always try to grab a burrito in Los Cardos if I'm down near Leith looking for some food but what's the best place to go in the centre?

I like Los Iguanas, cheap and cheerful with good service, but there's a few other places. Where would P&B recommend?

Went to Mariachi on Victoria street a few weeks back with the wife, both loved it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to Mr Singhs in a couple weeks. Food there is always good.

Are any of these part of a chain, or are hundreds of curry house owners involved in some kind of mutual-liability scheme?

"Someone got the trots from eating at Mr Singh's, you say? Not us, guv, must have been the one down the street, or maybe that manky b*****d Singh across town..."

Tripadvisor has Dundee/ferry well covered. I'd prob have Manchurian a little higher up the list, and the tayberry is run by the the chef who used to work in castlehill. I'd say he was better than the new person they've got in.

Laconde di guste (sp) in Edinburgh is amazing and the butt n ben in auchmithie is also worth the trip.

Was at Andrew Fairlie at Gleneagles a couple of weeks ago. I'd says its the best meal I've ever eaten.

Not exactly the cheapest of places but the food and service were unbelievable, and what you'd expect from a 2 Michelin Star eatery.

What menu did you go for? We've had the Degustation twice and both times it was unbelievable. It's probably Ruggy's favourite restaurant. The smoke Scottish Lobster is fucking amazing.

Another good Michelin restaurant in Scotland is Kinloch Lodge in Skye and a bit cheaper too.

If you ever happen to find yourself in Aarau, I would highly recommend a walk through the old town and going to the creperie. It really is tremendous.

Meat's(Also in Aarau) is OK for a steak, but if that's what you are after I would suggest travelling the 45 minutes or so it takes to get to Metmenstetten and book a table at the steakhouse next to the train station there, imaginatively titled "Steakhouse Banhof". it is tremendous.

I like Mexican food - always try to grab a burrito in Los Cardos if I'm down near Leith looking for some food but what's the best place to go in the centre?

I like Los Iguanas, cheap and cheerful with good service, but there's a few other places. Where would P&B recommend?

Jaquito, beside the Subway at Tollcross is good for takeaway Mexican and their burritos are an excellent source of hungover food.

The plume horse has now closed and a friend of mine had vouchers for them for about £100 and they aren't getting reimbursed for them. It had a Michelin star not long ago so not sure what went so badly wrong.

Has anyone been to Kitchin? It's on our list, I would love to try the tasting menu.

Someone I know went recently and said it was excellent. On my list also.

Archived