Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

I suppose we were ahead of Falkirk pretty much the whole time. As I remember it though, the late burst of form came from us. Falkirk were close enough by the end of March to just about be favourites as we faced a tough run of fixtures. However, beating Hibs, Rangers then Falkirk in eight days took us virtually over the line.

I would need to check to be sure but I think we spent only one week all season behind Falkirk and even then we had a game in hand. There was a point where it just about became a coin flip. Not sure they were ever favourites. As late as January we were still above Hibs in 3rd.

You are right in that our three big wins in a week combined with them losing to Livingston that midweek took us over the line. I was referring though to Falkirk coming with a post Xmas unbeaten run that closed them up from well behind to in front for that one week.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Premiership only has 2 extra games than the Championship. Surely they could fit in an extra couple of midweek games or perhaps even start the Premiership a week earlier?

See the post above yours. Potentially starting earlier might be an option but we are now playing this new group format League Cup on earlier Saturdays.

I would need to check to be sure but I think we spent only one week all season behind Falkirk and even then we had a game in hand. There was a point where it just about became a coin flip. Not sure they were ever favourites. As late as January we were still above Hibs in 3rd.

You are right in that our three big wins in a week combined with them losing to Livingston that midweek took us over the line. I was referring though to Falkirk coming with a post Xmas unbeaten run that closed them up from well behind to in front for that one week.

Sounds about right. I couldn't really remember Falkirk putting a strong run together, but they must have right enough, given that we were as you say, still above Hibs for a long time.

I remember feeling after the draw at Dumbarton in February, that saw Lyle sent off, that it was very much advantage Falkirk, but my natural pessimism may have played a part in that.

A game like that I'd always want at Hampden. I remember when we won the league there against Queens Park, there was less than 2,000 in the crowd and it was one of the best days i've had following the Rovers.

That's true about Hampden, but I'd far rather we had Easter Road. It won't come close, but the sight of 15,000 Rangers fans streaming out of their supposed humiliation of Turnbull Hutton, Rocking All Over The World by Status Quo blaring out while watching Baird, Elliot, Spence and Cardle bolt towards our fans was incredible. It got even more surreal as a plastic union Jack bowler hat rolled along by the side of the new stand.

I'd take Easter Road or similar any day.

I agree the highlights do show Bene shoving the Queens man before the opening goal header.

They also show Hardie getting elbowed aside and a nudge on Robertson before that well tidy pass to Hilson for the equaliser, noticeably neither man throws himself to the turf screaming foul.

To both Raith men I'd suggest that they man the F**k up and challenge.

To the Queens defender I'd say much the same, yes it was a push but nothing outrageous and unless he was off balance he went over as if felled with an axe.

Incidents like those happen tenfold in games and they are all fouls but are rarely given these days.

Also in the vid on 15 mins Russell is very lucky when he runs straight into Barr looking for a pen, I thought Barr was going to thump the p***k, maybe he should have.

Not angry at all, just sick of players in the modern game who go down as if they'd been taken out by Carlos The Jackal.

Fans nature is that we always stick up for our own but some times we have no option but to suck it up and in many cases players just need to grow a pair.

Not angry at all, just sick of players in the modern game who go down as if they'd been taken out by Carlos The Jackal.

Fans nature is that we always stick up for our own but some times we have no option but to suck it up and in many cases players just need to grow a pair.

Its pretty clear Higgins is off balance. It is a push but not enough for a foul

Thought we had a couple of half shouts for penalties, looked like handball in the first half and Brownlie was dragged down at a corner in the second.

I assume you weren't a fan of Joe Cardle when he played for you then?

I agree the highlights do show Bene shoving the Queens man before the opening goal header.

They also show Hardie getting elbowed aside and a nudge on Robertson before that well tidy pass to Hilson for the equaliser, noticeably neither man throws himself to the turf screaming foul.

To both Raith men I'd suggest that they man the F**k up and challenge.

To the Queens defender I'd say much the same, yes it was a push but nothing outrageous and unless he was off balance he went over as if felled with an axe.

Incidents like those happen tenfold in games and they are all fouls but are rarely given these days.

Also in the vid on 15 mins Russell is very lucky when he runs straight into Barr looking for a pen, I thought Barr was going to thump the p***k, maybe he should have.

:lol: Behave yourself. Neither of those are even close to being a foul. Higgins on the other hand IS fouled. It's clear on our footage. It's not a massively forceful push and he should not have been sent to the floor by it, he's simply got to be stronger there, but two hands in the back it still is and it should have been a foul.

Hilson should score with that late header. He does well to get on it but it's not that near the corner and whilst Cuthbert's save is decent, it's nothing like the Banks-esque effort implied earlier in the thread. Russell should score shortly after when he's clean through six yards out too. The one at the end however is a blatant dive.

:lol: Behave yourself. Neither of those are even close to being a foul. Higgins on the other hand IS fouled. It's clear on our footage. It's not a massively forceful push and he should not have been sent to the floor by it, he's simply got to be stronger there, but two hands in the back it still is and it should have been a foul.

Hilson should score with that late header. He does well to get on it but it's not that near the corner and whilst Cuthbert's save is decent, it's nothing like the Banks-esque effort implied earlier in the thread. Russell should score shortly after when he's clean through six yards out too. The one at the end however is a blatant dive.

Get over yourselves, the sad truth for Doonhamers everywhere is merely that Queens are shite and we owned you this season.  :king

I assume you weren't a fan of Joe Cardle when he played for you then?

Give your self a coconut there young man. You couldn't be more correct if you were to be appointed to be a Don of Excellent Correctness at Oxford or Cambridge :smartass .  In short Joseppi Cardle was, is and always will be an 'orrible odious diving little shite.

Anyhow, the game is now long done and this thread is seriously starting to bore the hole off of me so you'll be delighted to hear that with this reply that'll be it from me for this one.  -_- zzzzzzzzz

Cuthbert's save was more straightforward than I thought at the game. Not as good as Banks and fairly routine. I thought Brownlie was man-handled more in the box in the 2nd half than the push on Higgins for Raith's opener and should have resulted in a penalty.

Archived