Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

I wasn't trying to help you, simply adding to the discussion.

You hadn't mentioned the run, which others may not have been aware of.

Not sure why you seem so upset about it, to be honest

Not unduly upset.

I just thought it was worth highlighting that the sarky tone of your post was misplaced.

I did this by adopting a sarky tone of my own.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Ive noticed Jason Thomson since he has returned has inspired his team to go on this run. He was sorely missed it seems during his spell on the treatment table. A few observations from yesterday. Oliver had the mother of all stinkers. Thomson needs to be more confident coming out for crosses. Hutton has taken his time to get to this level, but now many could argue he is our best player. Tapping impressed me yesterday. Busy wee player who at times uses the ball well and at times is a bit rash. We could really have done with Lyle in the 1st half with all those crosses put in. We'd be better served putting Jacobs at left back and Higgy at cb rather than accomodating Brownlie. Hilson puts in a hell of a shift and scored a great goal

Is Hutton out of contract at the end of the season?

I said I thought it was a foul at the time of the goal and I reckon that could have been given as a foul. Whether the ref deemed it soft or just didn't see it we'll never know.

I think Thomson could have done better for the second and can only assume he never saw the ball until late due to the bodies in the way. Barr shouldn't have been given that much time to control and strike.

Hutton's pass for our goal was absolutely superb.

Every game against QoS at Palmy we are adjudged by fans to have blatantly fouled a homester before we scored, does anybody ever score legitimate goals against the poor wee souls?

When Queens have Russell throwing himself to the floor with gusto (he'll injure himself doing that yet mark my words) and then big centre half squealing like a stuck pig when given even a tiny nudge you really have to have a look at your own here too boys. Saints you aint!

We've played better against you and lost in the past, d'ems the breaks! 

Brilliant day yesterday, and obviously great to get the W in securing the Playoffs. Bar staff were all very welcoming in the pubs we we were at also.

Get Barr signed for next season, he's absolutely outstanding, at the minute, he's our best centre half.

Does anyone know the attendance of yesterday and away fans?

Every game against QoS at Palmy we are adjudged by fans to have blatantly fouled a homester before we scored, does anybody ever score legitimate goals against the poor wee souls?

When Queens have Russell throwing himself to the floor with gusto (he'll injure himself doing that yet mark my words) and then big centre half squealing like a stuck pig when given even a tiny nudge you really have to have a look at your own here too boys. Saints you aint!

I think you would find plenty of Queens fans regularly condemn Russell's antics!

It may have been a foul at the 1st goal but the highlights don't show how Higgins ends up on his arse.

Anyways enjoy the playoffs!

Every game? So that's two games then. And I think there was probably a legitimate discussion to be had on both the goals we are talking about, both of which involved Benedictus. You can't quite see what he did to Higgins yesterday but Higgins certainly falls over backwards before the ball gets to them. It was barely mentioned before the highlights were shown though. I didn't really notice it before that. I think Benedictus fouls Thomson on the OG that opened the scoring before Xmas but he should have done better anyway. It happens. Let's not pretend that people discussing a slightly controversial incident translates to some sort of persecution complex.

Cuthbert had a short pre-season trial with us in 2008 after the cup final season when we had lost Jamie MacDonald back to Hearts. Cuthbert, Ryan Esson (now at Inverness) and Bryn Halliwell were in on trial and we ended up taking Halliwell. Don't think that one worked out too well for us!

I barely seem to recall Halliwell but I do have a recollection of Esson being on trial. Queens missed out big time with Cuthbert then. To think we ended up with Robinson who then jumped ship to Rangers and I don't even think he is playing for any club now. Also had Antell, enough said....

I barely seem to recall Halliwell but I do have a recollection of Esson being on trial. Queens missed out big time with Cuthbert then. To think we ended up with Robinson who then jumped ship to Rangers and I don't even think he is playing for any club now. Also had Antell, enough said....

We didn't get Robinson for a further 6 months. We had Halliwell and Cammy Bell before him. Robinson was on loan from Rangers at the time. And he didn't leave us for Rangers, he went to Sweden and then played for Raith Rovers before he wound up at Rangers again.

We didn't get Robinson for a further 6 months. We had Halliwell and Cammy Bell before him. Robinson was on loan from Rangers at the time. And he didn't leave us for Rangers, he went to Sweden and then played for Raith Rovers before he wound up at Rangers again.

I completely forgot about Bell and Halliwell tbh. I know Robinson was on loan to Queens a few times from both Killie and Rangers before signing permanently and remember him at Ostersunds FK, Rangers and Raith....to think he's not even playing now. Queens should go for him again to push Thomson and loan out Atkinson to some other club.

What a bizarre post. To begin with: are you saying that if a defender hits the deck from a corner and as a result there is a goal scored, that the opposition fans don't have the right to question whether their player was fouled?

Secondly, if you read my post from half time yesterday and after the match (or were sitting next to the home fans for that matter :ph34r:) you'd know fine well my views on Russell's antics and that I was less than complimentary about them.

Thirdly, the incident you refer to when Brownlie was "squealing like a stuck pig" was a foul all day long. He won the header and was fouled in the process. He screamed for the ref to give the foul. It's done every week, everywhere and is part of football. Just because Brownlie has a squeakier voice is irrelevant ;)

I completely forgot about Bell and Halliwell tbh. I know Robinson was on loan to Queens a few times from both Killie and Rangers before signing permanently and remember him at Ostersunds FK, Rangers and Raith....to think he's not even playing now. Queens should go for him again to push Thomson and loan out Atkinson to some other club.

Halliwell was in goal in our first ever European game :P

Did Halliwell not play in both European games?

He certainly played in the 'home' leg at Airdrie.

ETA: beaten to it, I see.

What a bizarre post. To begin with: are you saying that if a defender hits the deck from a corner and as a result there is a goal scored, that the opposition fans don't have the right to question whether their player was fouled?

Secondly, if you read my post from half time yesterday and after the match (or were sitting next to the home fans for that matter :ph34r:) you'd know fine well my views on Russell's antics and that I was less than complimentary about them.

Thirdly, the incident you refer to when Brownlie was "squealing like a stuck pig" was a foul all day long. He won the header and was fouled in the process. He screamed for the ref to give the foul. It's done every week, everywhere and is part of football. Just because Brownlie has a squeakier voice is irrelevant ;)

So we didn't deserve to score yesterday? If we obviously fouled you at both goals, and the goal back in December as well..? :lol: :lol:

Also you're saying that Brownlie "screamed for the ref to give the foul" ? Is that not another way of saying that he was trying to cheat to get the foul? If there is a foul there, the ref would give it regardless of whether there's a scream. If the reason he screamed was to get the foul, then maybe you should start pointing fingers at your own players instead of other teams.

So we didn't deserve to score yesterday? If we obviously fouled you at both goals, and the goal back in December as well..? :lol: :lol:

Also you're saying that Brownlie "screamed for the ref to give the foul" ? Is that not another way of saying that he was trying to cheat to get the foul? If there is a foul there, the ref would give it regardless of whether there's a scream. If the reason he screamed was to get the foul, then maybe you should start pointing fingers at your own players instead of other teams.

Well, that's an extraordinarily stupid post.

Another bizarre post ;) At what point has anyone even hinted that Raith didn't deserve to score? There is a hint of a foul for the first goal. Are QoS fans (and Higgins for that matter!) not allowed to question if that was the case or not?

Brownlie screamed to make sure the ref had caught the blatant foul. If you've played football yourself you surely know it is a common thing. It's pointless right enough but it doesn't stop players screaming so the player makes sure the ref has clocked the foul :lol:

Archived