Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monkeys are less often put down. We should probably stop this pish though.

Good idea, it's getting tedious even for me f**k know what the rest are thinking.

I'll leave you the last word if you want it though! 

Guest Back Post Misses

Every game against QoS at Palmy we are adjudged by fans to have blatantly fouled a homester before we scored, does anybody ever score legitimate goals against the poor wee souls?

When Queens have Russell throwing himself to the floor with gusto (he'll injure himself doing that yet mark my words) and then big centre half squealing like a stuck pig when given even a tiny nudge you really have to have a look at your own here too boys. Saints you aint!

We've played better against you and lost in the past, d'ems the breaks!

You are, well lets be kind, a tad physical the old Rovers

One tactic Raith had yesterday and I have noticed other teams have is a player who can throw a long throw in. This is as good as a corner, freekick and puts pressure right on our defence.. I don't think we have any one capable of the long throw in and last I can remember was Robbie Neilson

One tactic Raith had yesterday and I have noticed other teams have is a player who can throw a long throw in. This is as good as a corner, freekick and puts pressure right on our defence.. I don't think we have any one capable of the long throw in and last I can remember was Robbie Neilson

You'd think someone could take a long throw in?

Dont think anyone in the current squad has a real long throw. We havent had one really since Neilson. Raith's Rory McKeown possibly has the longest throw in the Scottish game at the moment. Falkirk also benefitted from a long throw last week. Cant recall who took it.

Dont think anyone in the current squad has a real long throw. We havent had one really since Neilson. Raith's Rory McKeown possibly has the longest throw in the Scottish game at the moment. Falkirk also benefitted from a long throw last week. Cant recall who took it.

Muirhead I think it was.

But Raith coped well with high balls into the box all day. Every cross we put in seemed to be a piece of piss for them. Even so, there were still muppets around me in the new stand screaming for Kidd and Higgins to swing it in. The best cross I recall was from Higgins when he drilled it rather than put it in the air.

Vaulks has a good throw on him and was regularly taking them when he was being used as a fullback a couple of seasons ago. The reason I know this is because not only did Vaulks take Falkirk's throw-ins, he did so illegally, time after time. His trailing leg was always off the ground. Something that continued to infuriate me. More so when it resulted in their goal against us at Palmerston in the first leg of the play-offs :o

FAO BPM's (as it's still coming up content not available when I quote) He was our best player yesterday as well and is a player we should be looking to sign asap.

You are, well lets be kind, a tad physical the old Rovers

So you say and you will cite the 2 Benedictus red cards at TFS this season, yet in our last meeting the three players who needed replacement shirts for blood injuries were all Raith men including our substitute who finished the match with a broken nose curtesy of Miles the clumsy Hippo.

But Raith coped well with high balls into the box all day. Every cross we put in seemed to be a piece of piss for them. Even so, there were still muppets around me in the new stand screaming for Kidd and Higgins to swing it in. The best cross I recall was from Higgins when he drilled it rather than put it in the air.

But with a long throw we could send Dowie, Higgins or Brownlie up for them around the edge of the 6 yard box - just another tactic and variation to use

Guest Back Post Misses

So you say and you will cite the 2 Benedictus red cards at TFS this season, yet in our last meeting the three players who needed replacement shirts for blood injuries were all Raith men including our substitute who finished the match with a broken nose curtesy of Miles the clumsy Hippo.

Yes you are so physical you are even hitting each other now 😜

Imagine the seethe if we beat Falkirk in the playoffs.

Probably wont happen, but it would be hilarious.

Understandable if it happened and they are seething. Best season in years, split the top two and lose out over 2 games. Can't wait for the playoffs themselves.

Guest Back Post Misses

Imagine the seethe if we beat Falkirk in the playoffs.

Probably wont happen, but it would be hilarious.

If you beat us or Hibs fair play to you. I can see you beating one but not both. Too many games in a short period of time. I would say the same for us if we are 3rd incidentally.

For a long time I've not been all that fussy about promotion to the SPL as it's a shit league and tbh I doubted we'd cope.

That said look at how teams like Hamilton, Patrick, ICT, Ross Co and not to mention perennial under achievers Killie have managed to retain their status and now I'm having a wee rethink though I still doubt we could survive for anything more than a season.

Unlike all of those named teams (Maybe less so Killie and Hamilton) we don't have a wealthy board so we'd struggle but we do have a manager capable of great things on limited budget so anything seems possible just now.

If we were somehow to manage promotion it'd maybe be easier to survive up there than make the play-offs in a hard championship league containing; DUFC, Hibs, Falkirk, St Mirren, Morton, Pars and QotS. Finishing bottom of the SPL and getting the parachute payments could easily be a more lucrative option.

Scottish football needs a huge shake up, getting rid of Donkeycaster is but the start. The Championship has been great this year but I think massively restructuring would improve things all round.

Archived