Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

We deserved a point today. If Cuthbert got MOTM for Raith it would have been deserved considering some of the stops he made. The Gordon Banksesque one being the pick of the bunch. Always been a 'keeper I've rated.

We had the bulk of possession throughout but didn't really look dangerous until the second half. Once we scored I thought we were going to go on and win it, but yet another corner fucks us (not directly I know, but the chance came as a result of the corner. Take nothing away from Barr either, great take for a CB ) and seriously took the wind out our sails.

Hutton got my MOTM and he needs to be one of the first signed up, ideally along with Tapping. Hilson took his goal extremely well but what a pass from Hutton.

Russell's antics seriously fucked me off today. Get on with the fucking game :angry:

Edited to add, all the best in the play-offs Rovers. It's a great experience if nothing else tbh. Out of the teams involved I'll be hoping for Raith to go all the way.

Agree Hutton must be a priority signing for next season.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did what we had to do to get to the playoffs, Queen of the South had loads of possession but to be honest final ball let them down, as did Russell by the way, what a knob :unsure2: Felt kinda sorry for Hardie up front, he needs the ball played to his feet not 10 feet up in the air, he does not do headers :unsure2: Onwards and upwards, Hibs next…….

Classic update on QOS twitter site.

Possibly the last chance of the game falls to lyle but he blasts a shit well over from the back post. :lol:

Lyle's shot actually landed next to me at my barrier in the terracing that I kicked back with my right foot.

What a save from Cuthbert towards the end, probably on a par (no pun intended) with Mcgurns at EEP.

A draw would have been a fair result today. QOTS had chances but couldn't take them. It was a good open game with both teams looking to attack.

Hutton for Queens ran the show today in the middle of the park, he'd be a great signing for us next season although I'd imagine a few teams would be thinking the same!

I thought brilliant goal-keeping and desperate defending saved us from defeat. Our mid-field and attack were almost non-existent until the substitutions and our goals came from individual effort and not team work. As usual, Queen of the South make things very hard for us.

I hope Hutton's injury isn't too bad. At least he managed to get round to the technical area unaided and was sitting on the subs bench. I'd be moving printing to get Hutton signed up ASAP.

Now 17 points behind Raith - disappointing is an understatement.

A display that pretty much encapsulated our season - started with a 4-5-1 which some will argue was a 4-3- 3 but it didnt play like that. Went 1-0 down and changed the formation and personnel umpteentimes. Outplayed Raith for spells and still contrived to find a way to lose it. Manager still doesnt seem to know his best team.

Record against our play off rivals has been dreadful.

It would not surprise me if we face another re-build as I have a feeling that several key players will look to move on to pastures new.Sadly all momentum from our great season last year has evaporated.

Congratulations to Raith - they have had a tremendous run and could well be a big threat to the more fancied Falkirk and Hibs.

Now 17 points behind Raith - disappointing is an understatement.

That is truly remarkable.

It's really not that long at all since we sat in fourth spot for a brief spell.

The speed at which that gap has opened and expanded is something else.

That is truly remarkable. It's really not that long at all since we sat in fourth spot for a brief spell. The speed at which that gap has opened and expanded is something else.

Raiths 8 wins and 3 draws in the last 12 games might have something to do with it

Raiths 8 wins and 3 draws in the last 12 games might have something to do with it

It is, at this stage in the season, a remarkable run of consistent good form and is why they thoroughly deserve their playoff spot.

We havent been good enough clearly after looking in early February that we might even be favourites but come what may Raith's run would have been difficult to match. All the more remarkable for the fact it followed a couple of months of very average form.

Archived