Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!!!!!

10 wins from 12 against Morton, St Mirren and Queens. Unreal!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Playoffs secured with 3 games to go too. Chatting to my mates earlier today saying they'll go to the playoff games, and they're not usually ones for going.

Quite an enjoyable game which I didn't feel we should have lost.

Raith looked like a team that won, largely because they've become accustomed to winning.

I think that would have felt like a sore one if the game had still been as meaningful as it had looked like being until about a month ago.

We deserved a point today. If Cuthbert got MOTM for Raith it would have been deserved considering some of the stops he made. The Gordon Banksesque one being the pick of the bunch. Always been a 'keeper I've rated.

We had the bulk of possession throughout but didn't really look dangerous until the second half. Once we scored I thought we were going to go on and win it, but yet another corner fucks us (not directly I know, but the chance came as a result of the corner. Take nothing away from Barr either, great take for a CB ) and seriously took the wind out our sails.

Hutton got my MOTM and he needs to be one of the first signed up, ideally along with Tapping. Hilson took his goal extremely well but what a pass from Hutton.

Russell's antics seriously fucked me off today. Get on with the fucking game :angry:

Edited to add, all the best in the play-offs Rovers. It's a great experience if nothing else tbh. Out of the teams involved I'll be hoping for Raith to go all the way.

Classic update on QOS twitter site.

Possibly the last chance of the game falls to lyle but he blasts a shit well over from the back post. :lol:

Oops, damn autocorrect. I spotted it in an earlier update  :lol:

As MT said, another game we really should have got more from. Cuthbert made some great saves but we didnt look that dangerous for most of the game. Once again, an inability to defend, or score from, set pieces is our undoing.

ETA - good luck to Raith in the play-offs. Thoroughly deserved 4th place.

Yes, all the best for the play-offs.

We've competed well in our ties these last two years, but fallen at the first hurdle each time.

It's great to be involved in such high stakes games though.

If momentum can be maintained, you've got a decent chance of doing well.

Who would you prefer in the first round?

Yes, all the best for the play-offs.We've competed well in our ties these last two years, but fallen at the first hurdle each time.It's great to be involved in such high stakes games though.If momentum can be maintained, you've got a decent chance of doing well.Who would you prefer in the first round?

Hibs.

We played a lot of nice stuff today in spells after a sluggish start but the final ball into the box wasn't good enough most of the time to lead to anything. And the two goals we lost were poorly defended corners which is disappointing. At 1-1 I thought we were the likelier winners but Raith clearly have a confidence about them at the moment that we don't and they almost willed themselves back in front. We've missed two great late chances to get at least a draw with Hilson's header and Russell clean through on Cuthbert.

Raith's run though is terrific form and they'll be a danger to either Falkirk or Hibs in the playoffs, especially the way Hibs are going at the moment. All the best to them. Good people.

We played a lot of nice stuff today in spells after a sluggish start but the final ball into the box wasn't good enough most of the time to lead to anything. And the two goals we lost were poorly defended corners which is disappointing. At 1-1 I thought we were the likelier winners but Raith clearly have a confidence about them at the moment that we don't and they almost willed themselves back in front. We've missed two great late chances to get at least a draw with Hilson's header and Russell clean through on Cuthbert.

Raith's run though is terrific form and they'll be a danger to either Falkirk or Hibs in the playoffs, especially the way Hibs are going at the moment. All the best to them. Good people.

Yes, all of this.

Kevin Keegan style, I thought there was only one winner after we equalised, but there you go. Raith kind of did win that by force of will and habit.

I hope they do well in the play-offs too. I've had a soft spot for them ever since they provided my favourite ever non Queens/Scotland football moment, back in 1994.

All the best Raith, really believe this may be the best chance you will have for some time. Lived in Kirkcaldy for a few years and even went to a few matches (Novo's era), sound supporters and in some way reminded me of our fans.

Archived