Queen of the South vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need 1 (ONE) point from QoS, they then cannot match us in points.

Well that's true in head to head terms. He's still right in that if you do lose on Saturday you'll need a further two points (or for us to not win a game) to clinch it.

For us to get 4th (which isn't happening, I'm not kidding myself that it will) we need to win all five remaining games (Raith, Dumbarton, Alloa, Livi & Hibs) and Raith need to get no more than 1 point from their other 3 games (Dumbarton, Falkirk & Livi).

If you don't get your point on Saturday, then your next chance to clinch it comes when we play Dumbarton on Tuesday night. Anything less than a win for us finishes it there.

For the guys that have mentioned the recommended pubs, quality stuff. Do you know any that's showing the boxing at night? Thanks in advance.

As for the game, I can't wait for it. I think we'll approach it very similar to how we've played the last 2/3 weeks with Toshney & Davo still in midfield. Away win, 1-2.

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr Bene McKeown

Davo Toshney

Connelly Callaghan Longridge

Hardie

Well done, Rovers. You have had the best post Xmas season that I can remember ( for whatever reasons). In all the games between us you have done well in terms of points gained - the sign of a good team.

I was impressed by our fight back v Falkirk last week in a nothing game for us but our last visit to Starks Park was unimpressive, to say the least. Hoping for better on Saturday but, if your last visit is anything to go by, you'll get at least a point.

Well done, Rovers. You have had the best post Xmas season that I can remember ( for whatever reasons). In all the games between us you have done well in terms of points gained - the sign of a good team.

I was impressed by our fight back v Falkirk last week in a nothing game for us but our last visit to Starks Park was unimpressive, to say the least. Hoping for better on Saturday but, if your last visit is anything to go by, you'll get at least a point.

Thank you for that, Tam.

Yeah, a big difference since Ray Mc came on board.

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards(!), a single point on Saturday from you guys will do us nicely....;)

Must say I was surprised QoS did not have a better season....there's always next season!

It's not that much of a stretch to suggest that QoS could win their last five matches. If we lose on Saturday then Qos win their game in hand it is all to play for.

Pleased to see you post this, every prediction you ever make falls flat on its arse.

Would be great to get the job done this early, dont want any unnecessary stress. 

We are the form team in the league though, theres no reason right now to suggest we wont pick 2 points up from now until seasons end. 

It's not that much of a stretch to suggest that QoS could win their last five matches. If we lose on Saturday then Qos win their game in hand it is all to play for.

Try sticking a tenner on QoS on Saturday then putting the winnings onto their next match and so on and so on, let us know how much profit you make from such a small layout after the five matches....

I'm sure SD or PALMYLAD will be kind enough to tell us what our longest winning streak is this season (I'm too lazy to check).  I suspect we haven't managed a streak of 5 all season.

Three straight wins at the start would be it I'd imagine.

I'm struggling to think of runs of two since, actually.

Missing this as made other plans months ago in the expectation that we'd have finished in our usual 6th/7th place by now. Glad to say I was totally wrong and I'm now gutted to not be heading down. 

We've got 4th place sewn up. This will be another tough match but look at how well we've played and the run we're on. We have pace on the wings going forward, clever tricky players and finally can score goals. We've also got a very physical team through our spine with Barr, Bene, Davo, Toshney and Callachan not to mention Hardie and Joel up front. We're brimming with confidence and so long as our management team keep the players feet on the ground I think we might just surprise one or two in the playoffs.

Ray has already said he wants to win this match to guarantee 4th place and allow us to rotate the squad ahead of the playoffs and what has been a long and hard season so far especially with the amount of injuries we've had to deal with.

Queens may just surprise us here though as the pressure really is off so it could be that they go on a great end of season winning run...of course they could what we did last season and go on one hell of a horrible losing run.

I'll take a solid draw here!

I'm sure SD or PALMYLAD will be kind enough to tell us what our longest winning streak is this season (I'm too lazy to check).  I suspect we haven't managed a streak of 5 all season.

Three straight wins at the start would be it I'd imagine. I'm struggling to think of runs of two since, actually.

We won our first three league games. If you are including cup ties then we won our first four games in total. We've had a couple of runs since in League terms of two straight league wins (though the second of those runs had a Scottish Cup loss in between).

We won our first three league games. If you are including cup ties then we won our first four games in total. We've had a couple of runs since in League terms of two straight league wins (though the second of those runs had a Scottish Cup loss in between).

A season that started with so much promise ....

Guest Flash

Speaking of sequences, we have lost our last 6 away league games in a row, 7 if you include Dumbarton in the cup.

I think that is our worst run of consecutive away defeats for 10 years - 05/06 had 7 away league defeats in a row.

Worst in recent times is 8 in both 98/99 and 88/89, the latter being the record for us in the equivalent of this division.

Speaking of sequences, we have lost our last 6 away league games in a row, 7 if you include Dumbarton in the cup.

I think that is our worst run of consecutive away defeats for 10 years - 05/06 had 7 away league defeats in a row.

Worst in recent times is 8 in both 98/99 and 88/89, the latter being the record for us in the equivalent of this division.

And 88/89 was the season of the comically low points total wasn't it?

One striking aspect of the sequence for this season provided earlier by Rusty, is that despite us looking to many of us like we play for draws all the time, we've not achieved many at all.

Guest Flash

And 88/89 was the season of the comically low points total wasn't it?

One striking aspect of the sequence for this season provided earlier by Rusty, is that despite us looking to many of us like we play for draws all the time, we've not achieved many at all.

Yes the 88/89 team was one of the worst to ever "grace" the division.

After winning the first 2 away games at Dumbarton and Livi, we have won 2 (Alloa and Livi) drawn 1 (the Falkirk borefest) and lost 10 of the next 13 away league games. Or 11 out of 14 when including Dumbarton in the cup.

The point at Falkirk is currently still the only one we have obtained in 11 away games against teams outside the bottom 3.

The point at Falkirk is currently still the only one we have obtained in 11 away games against teams outside the bottom 3.

That's a staggeringly bad away record and an area that needs addressed next season.

I suppose it largely explains why we might wind up with just three sides beneath us.

Archived