Panama tax evasion

Mr Rational

You are the first person to mention 'what about labour'

He didn't even mention Scottish MPs.

Can you point me to Michelle Thomsons name on the panama list?

That is what this thread is about,yes?

Eta

Never mind I've just read your other two posts this morning .

Your obviously a WUM.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eta

Your obviously a WUM.

I think big eck shagged sarkys ma and wiped his knob on his pillow his hatred for the eeessssnnnppeeee is so strong

You imply that, by merely being Scottish, Scottish politicians are good, honest, moral people. The actions of the independent MP Michelle Thomson would suggest otherwise.

I'm implying that an independent Scotland would have a chance to wash it's hands of centuries of establishment reliance on forelock tugging serfdom.

I'm certainly not naive enough to think we'd be some sort of bastion of purity, but wouldn't it be nice to have at least a go at getting ridding of the vile corrupt edifice that is Westminster and replacing it with something that works for 99% of he population instead of the 1%?

I'm implying that an independent Scotland would have a chance to wash it's hands of centuries of establishment reliance on forelock tugging serfdom.

I'm certainly not naive enough to think we'd be some sort of bastion of purity, but wouldn't it be nice to have at least a go at getting ridding of the vile corrupt edifice that is Westminster and replacing it with something that works for 99% of he population instead of the 1%?

Well said :thumsup2

It's amazing how such a tedious know-it-all seems to revel in ignorance in such a selective manner when the answer is a short google away.

Directly from the UK Parliament web site:

I suspect income deriving from overseas tax avoidance schemes falls squarely into that category.

However, I'm sure you'll come up with some boring, semantic, weasel-worded excuse about how this does not apply in this instance.

A minor shareholding in a hedge fund would not influence the actions or words of an MP. It's no different from investing in a pension fund.

A minor shareholding in a hedge fund would not influence the actions or words of an MP. It's no different from investing in a pension fund.

Yes it is different. He did not invest in the fund. He invested in the owner of the fund. This would be equivalent to holding shares in Aviva not investing in one of their pension funds.

Good post Monster

Eta

Your obviously a WUM.

well, monster brought up Scottish independence and linked it to the Panama cases. So dont blame me if this previous thread goes off topic. All threads on here end up about Scottish independence/ SNP anyway, I don't know why your getting so flustered about this one.

All threads on here end up about Scottish independence/ SNP anyway,

And if they don't, you will make sure they do.

I think you are worrying about the wrong one getting flustered.

You're views on what is and is not acceptable behaviour for an MP were made very clear during the Carmichael debacle. It's fair to say your views on such matters differ significantly from the majority of posters on here. Thankfully.

You're views on what is and is not acceptable behaviour for an MP were made very clear during the Carmichael debacle. It's fair to say your views on such matters differ significantly from the majority of posters on here. Thankfully.

Except of course I said Carmichael's behaviour was unacceptable, you sanctimonious old toad.

I disagreed with whether a wrong committed in one capacity made him unfit to continue to function in another.

Yes it is different. He did not invest in the fund. He invested in the owner of the fund. This would be equivalent to holding shares in Aviva not investing in one of their pension funds.

Except it's a distinction without a difference. If everyone knows that almost all pension funds "benefit from" investing in hedge funds engaging in tax minimisation strategies, and they choose to invest in them anyway, they are making the same "ethical" choice as anyone choosing directly to invest in those hedge funds. Otherwise you're saying that people aren't responsible for the corporate structure decisions of other people, in which case Cameron has, wait for it, done nothing wrong!

Except it's a distinction without a difference. If everyone knows that almost all pension funds "benefit from" investing in hedge funds engaging in tax minimisation strategies, and they choose to invest in them anyway, they are making the same "ethical" choice as anyone choosing directly to invest in those hedge funds. Otherwise you're saying that people aren't responsible for the corporate structure decisions of other people, in which case Cameron has, wait for it, done nothing wrong!

No there is a difference. Do you have a pension? Can you see what day to day decisions are taken by the pension trustees or investment managers. The two situations are in no way comparable. That you are wrong here is just another example of your convoluted logic trying to fit a position that is clearly incorrect.

No there is a difference. Do you have a pension? Can you see what day to day decisions are taken by the pension trustees or investment managers. The two situations are in no way comparable. That you are wrong here is just another example of your convoluted logic trying to fit a position that is clearly incorrect.

If you own a <1% stake in a BVI distributor fund can you "see what day to day decisions are taken by the trustees or investment managers?"

Answers on a postcard.

It appears you think some kinds of ignorance are morally reprehensible but others are hunky dory.

If you own a <1% stake in a BVI distributor fund can you "see what day to day decisions are taken by the trustees or investment managers?"

Answers on a postcard.

It appears you think some kinds of ignorance are morally reprehensible but others are hunky dory.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Good post Monster

Apart from it being utter shite.

No political structure is immune from shysters.

And no political structure is inherently superior at preventing their existence.

When it comes to money these sort of people exist at every point in time, under every political system.

Apart from it being utter shite.

No political structure is immune from shysters.

And no political structure is inherently superior at preventing their existence.

When it comes to money these sort of people exist at every point in time, under every political system.

"ach well, back under the rock we go. We know our place.....sir."

What a defeatist, melancholic, forelock tugging disaster of a post.

"ach well, back under the rock we go. We know our place.....sir."

What a defeatist, melancholic, forelock tugging disaster of a post.

It's not defeatist to say it's not clever for Stephen Hawking to try to beat Amir Khan at boxing.

Archived