West Premier final standings

Away at Talbot the season before I think it was. So the punishment happened that season.

There were claims of getting him out of the dressing before the ref was invited in to pick out the culprit.

Lynch and Millar were the managers / coaches and they had a great team. Pollok were benefactors of the demise of that team picking up half a dozen to build on a decent team we already had.

Arthurlie IMO have never returned to the levels of that side.

Beith were big benefactors also It is debatable if they would have won the league when they did if it had not happened as Lynch got some cracking players from them and it was him that signed Reid and Mclean

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Table updated from after Saturday's games. Some points to note, Petershill need a win in their last match (Irvine Meadow H) to avoid going straight down. Two draws for Arthurlie in their remaining matches (Beith H, Hurlford A) would also relegate Peasy. Everyone else is now safe from going down automatically.

Using the total score metric at the right hand side, the top of the table has bunched up hugely since last Saturday, with Talbot still quite a few points clear at the top, but having their lead narrowed over the week.

Monday night will be interesting.

post-21211-0-82096300-1462699155_thumb.p

Final points update

Peasy in deep trouble now

League table

1 Auchinleck. 47

2 Hurlford. 46

3 Beith. 43

4 Ladeside. 42

5 Pollok. 41

6 Troon. 37

7 Glenafton. 36

8 Rob Roy. 36

9 Arthurlie. 29

10 Shettleston. 28

11 Petershill. 24

12 Meadow. 16 Relegated

Table updated from after Saturday's games. Some points to note, Petershill need a win in their last match (Irvine Meadow H) to avoid going straight down. Two draws for Arthurlie in their remaining matches (Beith H, Hurlford A) would also relegate Peasy. Everyone else is now safe from going down automatically.

Using the total score metric at the right hand side, the top of the table has bunched up hugely since last Saturday, with Talbot still quite a few points clear at the top, but having their lead narrowed over the week.

Monday night will be interesting.

I get accused of having my head up my arse for publishing a theoretical table on another thread which I calculated in just a few minutes in my head and this table has PPPG calculated to six decimal places. Totally meaningless rubbish, and of no real interest to anyone, all you need is the current table and I'm quite sure everyone is able to draw their own conclusions from it.

working it out tomorrow if arthurlie beat beith and shettleston lose to hurlford shettleston are got the playoff spot as and if arthurlie win their is nothing petershill can do to catch them 

I get accused of having my head up my arse for publishing a theoretical table on another thread which I calculated in just a few minutes in my head and this table has PPPG calculated to six decimal places. Totally meaningless rubbish, and of no real interest to anyone, all you need is the current table and I'm quite sure everyone is able to draw their own conclusions from it.

Don't like it just scroll past

Glad of scotsvos input into this thread for one

Are you sure it was for publishing a table?  :wub:

Bitter at another season in the super first?

Never mind you can look forward to a trip to newlandsfield if you can beat Cambuslang and then Scotsvo can explain it to you.

Arthurlie and Peasy potentially going down with possibly Largs, Cumnock and Buffs coming up. It'll be the Ayrshire Super League soon.

10 years ago there were only 3 Ayrshire sides in the league. So things can change back.

And as Yet I am sure bankines will fancy a promotion place and Arthurlie or Shettleston may win the play off so it could be the same split next season.

Never mind you can look forward to a trip to newlandsfield if you can beat Cambuslang and then Scotsvo can explain it to you.

Nah we're certainly not bitter, we're just not quite good enough yet, but we can certainly beat anyone on our day,hard game against Cambuslang before any thoughts of playing Pollok.

Poor response. The sort of response which gives Pollok supporters the arrogant reputation which the vast majority of them don't deserve. It's only a year since your team were in the league below, and your resources are on a different planet from those of Kilsyth. You let yourself down with that reply.

Poor response. The sort of response which gives Pollok supporters the arrogant reputation which the vast majority of them don't deserve. It's only a year since your team were in the league below, and your resources are on a different planet from those of Kilsyth. You let yourself down with that reply.

Boo hoo

Not in the least bitter, just explain to me (and all the others on here) what is the point of publishing a table with a column which has goal averages, or whatever they are, Calculated to one hundred thousandth part of a goal.

Not in the least bitter, just explain to me (and all the others on here) what is the point of publishing a table with a column which has goal averages, or whatever they are, Calculated to one hundred thousandth part of a goal.

First of all, and I mean this in all honesty, you've really no right to be on here demanding that anyone explain anything. If you don't like it, well, I'm pretty certain that you would know what to do about it.

But, the point of it is that the scores are standardised; that means that they try to account for differences in games played (the differences between teams can make the league table quite misleading).

As the scores are standardised, then a score of 0 is the average for the league. A score of 1 is one standard deviation above the average (Standard Deviation explained), a score of -1 is a standard deviation below.

You'll notice that most of the standardised amount for those things is between 0 and 1, hence the need for decimal places.

To make it easier to draw conclusions from, it's coloured, so that yellow numbers are those close to 0 (the average), but the more red, or green a team is, the worse, or better, they are doing than the average team.

So in short, it's a way to get a picture of where each team is standing in spite of wide variance in games played.

If you still don't like it, I refer you back to my earlier comment.

Kirky have played 19 not 20 mate.

Ah, cheers pal, sorted that now.

Have also added a couple of decimal places to the standardised scores to increase user engagement.

post-21211-0-01254300-1462732938_thumb.p

;

Ah, cheers pal, sorted that now.

Have also added a couple of decimal places to the standardised scores to increase user engagement.

It's like sharing a forum with the geeky wee chicken hawk off the Foghorn Leghorn cartoon!

With garrelburn on this. There's only a few games to go. If you can't look at the actual table and work out who could win or go down by now then you shouldn't be allowed on your mum's computer.

Archived