Punt:

Mikey Donald

Gerry McLauchlan

Peter Murphy

On Loan:

Ross McCrorie- Keep

Craig Moore- Keep

Jordan Prestom- Let go

Haven't seen enough of the youngsters to pass judgement on them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will take any of these at the Rovers.

I wouldn't call for the release of any of our over-achieving squad; with the situation behind the scenes I don't think we'll be able to do any better than what we have. The best possible piece of Summer business will be getting the manager and his assistant to stay on for another year.

All these Airdrie players. would be solid signings for Rovers. I don't see any of them staying at Airdrie. Lister is still one of the best strikers at this level. Prunty isn't the player he once was but give him decent service and he'll still score plenty of goals. Cox isn't the best footballer but excellent endeavour which is enough to cause a threat at this level. Fitzpatrick is meh and I'm still not very sure what he's good at. Guaranteed to score about 3 goals a season with a left foot shot from the edge of the box.

Under Contract:

Paddy Boyle

Alan Forrest

Alan Trouten(sadly)

Keep(In order of prefrence):

Ross Docherty

Nicky Devlin

Ryan Stevenson

Jamie Adams

Greg Fleming

Brian Gilmour

Andy Graham

Michael Wardrope

Punt:

Mikey Donald

Gerry McLauchlan

Peter Murphy

On Loan:

Ross McCrorie- Keep

Craig Moore- Keep

Jordan Prestom- Let go

Haven't seen enough of the youngsters to pass judgement on them.

Wardrope and Gilmour > Stevenson and both would be less than his wages.

We already have Robertson, Bell, Gibson, McCloskey, Kemp and Turner signed up for next season.

Only player I'd object to signing a new contract would be Keenan. Happy to see the rest stay.

Would be great if we could keep Dick, Belford and McGurn. Realistically only one I can see signing would be McGurn.

Need to add a forward, centre half and central midfielder.

There's nobody I'm desperate to get shot of. I'm sure a few will end up not being good enough at the Championship level but we definitely have the spine of a decent squad if we can get the majority signed up. 

Was a good start getting Murdoch and Williamson new deals early doors. Hopefully more positive news out of EEP this week.

As mentioned previously, can Foxy afford to leave if he's offered a new contract at Forfar? He'd be chucking a few thousand if he does.

How do you know that? We're forever told by Forfar fans there isn't any outside help when it comes to paying for players so surely if that was the case we'd easily be able to match/better what you offer?

Is this the same as the time when everybody had said Linn was leaving us to get the 'big bucks' at the Fermers only for him to go and sign a 2 year deal with us...? :rolleyes:

How do you know that? We're forever told by Forfar fans there isn't any outside help when it comes to paying for players so surely if that was the case we'd easily be able to match/better what you offer?

Is this the same as the time when everybody had said Linn was leaving us to get the 'big bucks' at the Fermers only for him to go and sign a 2 year deal with us...? :rolleyes:

He'd be chucking his testimonial money, as mentioned previously. At a completely random guess between 5-10 grand. The Abroath salary might have to be up to £200 per week more than the Forfar one to make up that over the year.

He'd be chucking his testimonial money, as mentioned previously. At a completely random guess between 5-10 grand. The Abroath salary might have to be up to £200 per week more than the Forfar one to make up that over the year.

Oh I never realised you got paid so much for a testimonial..? Thought this was just more Forfar money bags talk!!

Apologies. :P

Oh I never realised you got paid so much for a testimonial..? Thought this was just more Forfar money bags talk!!

Lower limit based on 500 spectators paying £10 each. Not sure what happens for overheads etc.

I didn't realise DD was still in contract. I agree with your sentiments about Hill.

Of the rest I would keep all those in contract along with Foxy, Yano, Craig, Ryan, Dunlop and Omar.

I was speaking to one of the coaches and he reckoned there were two definitely going to Arbroath to rejoin with Dick and two more that he thought likely to also go there but wouldn't name names.

tbh pretty obvious who's gonna go there, Yano and Foxy defiantly & probably Kader/Malin and maybe young

Keep

All of our defence

Geggan,Cardle,Josh

Fass, Moffat

We really will need some experienced frees from the Championship/maybe a couple of loans from the Premier to finish mid table next season.

Stay:

McAllister

McIntosh

Sutherland

Lawrence

Ferries

Stevenson

Gilchrist

Strachan

Ferry

Dzierzawski

Baptie

Leave:

Noble

Ross

Wouldn't be bothered either way:

Blockley

Redman

Jarvie

Smith

Rodgers

Brown

Testimonials are more than just a benefit match. Usually there are sportsman's dinners , auctions , dances etc throughout the testimonial year. 

I would have thought if Foxy was surplus to requirement and moved on, someone at Farfar might organise something for the service he has given, albeit just short of the 10 years. 

Another half dozen I'd happily take at the Rovers.

Yeah they are good players but I think these ones could be replaced like for like at the moment. Brown started the season really well but seems to have faded and Redman is reliable but never seems to standout anymore. Smith has made a few mistakes this season after so much consistency so we need a better number 2 in to challenge him if he is staying.

Just working from your list NewBlue

Stay:

McAllister

McIntosh

Sutherland

Lawrence

Gilchrist

Strachan

Ferry

Baptie

Redman

Leave:

Noble - Should not have been signed last time

Ross - Need someone that will last the whole 90 mins every game without red mist

Jarvie - Understand he does well on the coaching side, so he can bugger off to somewhere that needs a coach

Stevenson - Too injury prone

Ferries - Failed to impress when given a start at Forfar

Rodgers - Carrying too much weight and tries to be too fancy on EVERY occassion

Wouldn't be bothered either way:

Blockley - Has had a couple of good games but think we can improve

Smith - Shot stopping is excellent, getting worse with his distribution and mistakes

Brown - Meh

Dzierzawski - double meh

Basically, replace the defence and midfield. :lol:

Under Contract:

Boyle
Forrest
Trouten

Keep as 1st Choice team if we are still in league 1

Fleming

Devlin
Graham
Docherty
Adams

Keep as bench / back up

Gilmour

Wardrope
Donald
one of McLauchlan / Murphy

Punt: (as we don't need 6 centre mids)

Stevenson

Crawford

On Loan:

McCrorie- Keep / re-loan if possible
Moore- sign if free'd / re-loan
Preston - sign if free'd / re-loan

Not seen enough of the young lads such as Nisbit, Muir, McCraken, McKenzie etc to make a judgement but if the majority are still there as squad players I would have no problems with that. If we manage those above back on board and get Moore and Preston signed up for next season we would only be looking at adding another Centre Half and someone to play wide and I'd be happy with that for League one

Just working from your list NewBlue

Basically, replace the defence and midfield. :lol:

Stevenson has had injury problems but I always think he looks a cut above when he plays so maybe worth a punt. Ferries is young so would also give a season to see if he can cut it. Also forgot Riley from my list, he is a meh - sometimes looks really good and other games does nothing so really not sure either way.

Maybe I am wrong about Redman. I used to really rate him so it might just be the way the whole team is playing at the minute.

Archived