Players who you want to stay and those who you want to leave

How long have we been saying that about Lewis though. So much potential but how long has it been since he had a good game? He was very poor yesterday. Can we afford to keep players just because they have potential? Kenny has had his poorest season but a lot of that might be due to injuries. He has never looked really comfortable.

Can't fault Adam since he has come back into the side, we've been spoiled with our keepers in recent seasons. Anyone know what the problem is with Jamie? He's been out for a long time.

Adam has been excellent last 4 games at least.

Lewis Milne is capable, possibly the biggest challenge for our manager is to get him to be effective. To say lewis and kenny not good enough after they have played in the championship last few years is daft.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam has been excellent last 4 games at least.

Lewis Milne is capable, possibly the biggest challenge for our manager is to get him to be effective. To say lewis and kenny not good enough after they have played in the championship last few years is daft.

FWIW i wouldn't release them anyway. Kenny can come back next season without his confidence being shattered by the nightmare at the start of the season when he filled in at CH. milne has to stop being a luxury and get stuck into the game instead of thinking he can stand around the centre circle and wait for the ball to come to him. Last chance for the lad though. If he doesn't improve dramatically next season now he's injury free then I'd punt him.

For Stranraer :

I'd keep everyone and our manager has made a good start in getting them signed up early , we need to add a good centre half and perhaps some extra strength in the middle of the park , but think most Stranraer supporters will be happy with our current squad.

Forfar

Under contract Hill(sadly, hopefully leaves), TOB, Swankie, Travis, Hay, Kennedy and Denholm.

Loans going back: Spark and Martin

End of Contract: Craig, Ryan, Rodger, Smith, Campbell, Young, Fotheringham, Hodge, Kader, Malin and Dunlop

Would like Ryan and Craig to stay but doubt they will. As well would like Fotheringham to stay another year and Hodge.

I didn't realise DD was still in contract. I agree with your sentiments about Hill.

Of the rest I would keep all those in contract along with Foxy, Yano, Craig, Ryan, Dunlop and Omar.

I was speaking to one of the coaches and he reckoned there were two definitely going to Arbroath to rejoin with Dick and two more that he thought likely to also go there but wouldn't name names.

For Stranraer :

I'd keep everyone and our manager has made a good start in getting them signed up early , we need to add a good centre half and perhaps some extra strength in the middle of the park , but think most Stranraer supporters will be happy with our current squad.

Especially when you consider that you could be playing in the Championship next season.

I didn't realise DD was still in contract. I agree with your sentiments about Hill.

Of the rest I would keep all those in contract along with Foxy, Yano, Craig, Ryan, Dunlop and Omar.

I was speaking to one of the coaches and he reckoned there were two definitely going to Arbroath to rejoin with Dick and two more that he thought likely to also go there but wouldn't name names.

Foxy's one name I've heard that's coming to us

Foxy , Yano , young , rab , Dunlop

Great to get Ryan Williamson signed up - best (only) home grown talent I've seen since Jackie Macnamara. Good to get the keeper too. Sean Murdoch said.. 

"Everyone has their own demands wage-wise but hopefully all the guys can get on board because I think what we have created here is something fantastic. If we can keep everyone with a few additions as well, I think we could have a real go next season and be up the top end of the table. There is no reason why we shouldn't be. I would urge everyone to sign."

The players we have who could see us do really well next year are probably likely to be away. Faiss and BRE could easily get more money elsewhere. Cardle might feel he has come back and done us a good turn and could also get more dosh elsewhere. That would be the star quality ripped out of our team. However, I'd trust AJ to recruit well and our training seems to be really top quality and gets the best out of everyone. In the unlikely event they all stay, I reckon we could do well next year. Being realistic, adding solid pros and staying up would be just fine. 

Punt:

David Cox

Marc Fitzpatrick

Bryan Prunty

Jim Lister

Grant Adam - RELEASE

Chris Kane - RELEASE

Declan Hughes - RELEASE

Ross Caldwell - RELEASE

For Stenhousemuir-

Gilhaney- Leave

Will take any of these at the Rovers.

I wouldn't call for the release of any of our over-achieving squad; with the situation behind the scenes I don't think we'll be able to do any better than what we have. The best possible piece of Summer business will be getting the manager and his assistant to stay on for another year.

At Stenhousemuir, I'd be inclined to keep the majority of this season's squad for next term. I know they're playing pretty poorly at the moment and we could well be looking at League 2 football next year but I'd want most of them to stay around. There's some good, likeable pros in the squad.

The only players I wouldn't want to hang onto are Jamie Barclay and Stuart Malcolm. There's no point in going over old ground but the pair of them have made so many critical mistakes this season and their bad games outnumber the good. Jason Scotland definitely won't be here - this is his last season in the country before he goes home to Trinidad. His form really petered out over the last couple of weeks and, given he's currently injured, I don't think we'll see him playing for Stenny again.

Archived