Queen of the South Management Team

Ross County bought their way to the SPL the next season.

Visited to say: Locke, noo! And found this gem.

County's team was essentially the same as it was two years prior to that. Most of whom played 100+ times together. McGovern left and they replaced him with Michael Fraser, Keddie left and they replaced him with Grant Munro. Both were based locally and wouldn't have been keen to move for football elsewhere, so I have no reason to believe they broke the wage structure that George Adams was so keen on keeping in place at the time.

Barrowman left and was replaced by McMenamin, who a few posts above was described as Dundee's third choice striker. McMenamin himself said on the Pele Podcast that he took less money to go to County than he was on at Queen of the South!

They had a decent sized squad for the level, certainly, but they didn't buy the league.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrowman left and was replaced by McMenamin, who a few posts above was described as Dundee's third choice striker. McMenamin himself said on the Pele Podcast that he took less money to go to County than he was on at Queen of the South!

:lol: Behave yourself.

I'm sure McMenamin said he went to Ross County for less money than he was being offered by other teams at the time, but he didn't specifically mention Queen of the South.

Gary Locke though, dearie me.

I'm sure McMenamin said he went to Ross County for less money than he was being offered by other teams at the time, but he didn't specifically mention Queen of the South.

Gary Locke though, dearie me.

That'll be it. Some egg on a bit of my face then, but the point stands.

Really hope we can get in a really good guy to take over from Fowler and the long line of not nice guys we have had in charge last few years. Will Darren be going for pints with the fans and getting the first round in ? Maybe some nibbles too ? Could somebody compile a list of good guys on the bookies list so I can pick my favourite ? Thanks

That'll be it. Some egg on a bit of my face then, but the point stands.

Colin McMenamin signed for us when Dundee made him redundant and he had no other options. We had our own money problems at the time and he initially signed a short term deal to Xmas funded by the Supporters Club. He then signed for the rest of the season on a deal partly funded by an anonymous donor whilst we struggled our way through the rest of the season and got relegated off a vastly reduced budget and reliance on youth the following season. The idea that he uprooted his domestic situation significantly to move to Dingwall for less money than we were paying him is genuinely laughable. Sorry, but it was.

What's Derek Young up to these days? Is he still at Forfar?

I don't think that would work, Darren has been pretty intelligent and both his number twos have been really experienced, just because Derek is his brother I don't think he'd automatically be his assistant.

If Queens could stop getting managers directly off the Jim Jefferies coaching tree that would be great thanks.

If you could appoint Jeffries that'd be pretty great.

Please.

Rumour going about today that Gary Locke was in the directors Box last week I didn't see him did anyone else, another one today I heard that Gary oliver has signed for St mirren hope not as I quite like the laddie good player when played in his preferred position.

Rumour going about today that Gary Locke was in the directors Box last week I didn't see him did anyone else, another one today I heard that Gary oliver has signed for St mirren hope not as I quite like the laddie good player when played in his preferred position.

No he wasn't.

Dont mind him in directors box. Its being in dug out that concerns me

Archived