Queen of the South Management Team

Like quite a lot of Queens fans I've followed the team through some good times and some really lean times over quite a few years. Although I always try and buy a season ticket there are times when I haven't managed to, but even then I try to make it to as many games as possible. Whoever the BOD pick as the next Manager, even if I'm not too happy with that choice, I will still turn up and support the team. I respect anyone's decision to stop attending if things don't go as they wish but I look on it that Directors, Managers and players may come and go but the Club will go on if the support is there.    

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will buy a season ticket this year and all the next years no matter who the manager is and no matter what division we're in because I support my club, always have done and always will do. It's an affliction with no known cure.......

I wondered that.Do you think it's meant to be HIHF, as in 'Heard it Here First'?Have I just been whoooshed?

Maybe! I'm not down with the kids when it comes to their daft lingo B)

HIFH??

I wondered that. Do you think it's meant to be HIHF, as in 'Heard it Here First'? Have I just been whoooshed?

Maybe! I'm not down with the kids when it comes to their daft lingo B)

:lol:  Didn't even notice that.  You are correct in your assumptions anyway.

Super Ro wouldn't be as bad as some folk think. I never did understand why no one took him on after his success at Gretna

Agreed. The Gaffa should be in with a shout. He could kip in the Arena this time.

Super Ro wouldn't be as bad as some folk think. I never did understand why no one took him on after his success at Gretna

Stevie wonder could have done just as good a job at that mob.

It's not really the thread to discuss it but I agree to a certain extend that Alexander was probably treated a bit unfairly after the demise of Gretna.  Davie Irons was able to waltz into a few jobs afterwards and make a complete pigs ear of it, whereas I don't recall "Super Ro" even being in the running for any jobs post-Gretna.  He was tagged as a bit of a lunatic, especially after turning up at Motherwell for a game despite being put on gardening leave.  I'm sure that was under instruction from his lawyer though to prove he was still fit and able to work.  I also have a bit of sympathy for him getting swept up in the whole fairytale nonsense because he was at Gretna pre-Mileson, so for him it must have felt like a bit of a dream.  Even if it was obvious from the offset it was doomed for failure.

You can say pretty justifiably that you reap what you sow, but I think he was taken advantage of by Mileson almost as much as the supporters and the rest of the staff and creditors he fucked over.

Of course one look at this picture and my sympathy soon evaporates!

_41404535_rownalexanderkilt270.jpg

It's not really the thread to discuss it but I agree to a certain extend that Alexander was probably treated a bit unfairly after the demise of Gretna. Davie Irons was able to waltz into a few jobs afterwards and make a complete pigs ear of it, whereas I don't recall "Super Ro" even being in the running for any jobs post-Gretna. He was tagged as a bit of a lunatic, especially after turning up at Motherwell for a game despite being put on gardening leave. I'm sure that was under instruction from his lawyer though to prove he was still fit and able to work. I also have a bit of sympathy for him getting swept up in the whole fairytale nonsense because he was at Gretna pre-Mileson, so for him it must have felt like a bit of a dream. Even if it was obvious from the offset it was doomed for failure.

You can say pretty justifiably that you reap what you sow, but I think he was taken advantage of by Mileson almost as much as the supporters and the rest of the staff and creditors he fucked over.

Of course one look at this picture and my sympathy soon evaporates!

_41404535_rownalexanderkilt270.jpg

Think he was advised by his legal team to turn up at motherwell.

The press just dramatised it.

Archived