Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

Question for the Saints fans - is your ill educated and unwarranted attacks on a promising 18 year old player you know nothing about all stemming from that time I said Chris Kane was shite and compared him to CW33 - the DAB Slayer?

He had a few nice touches and scored a winning goal in a huge game with a perfectly placed finish. The boy's got a great chance of making it as a Premiership player. He is currently a squad player for us and fulfills that role perfectly.

I'd also like to point out that at 3 years Chris Kane's junior he's not far off the St Johnstone wunderkinds top flight goal tally - a tally I expect him to have exceeded before he turns 21 despite being played out of position in the bulk of his appearances for us.

Disclaimer - All quotes of Kanes goalscoring record in the Championship will be used to justify my opinion he's a Championship level player.

Thank you.

Are these nasty Saintees upsetting you? That's terrible.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.

Terrific scenes over on Mad. "Pre-madonnas", "baldy maggot", "fucking fannies", "b astard son of Eddie", "the clown", "blood on your hands", "captain calamity", "snakelets on the board", "fucking broth head", "Arnier", "It's fucking anier!!!!", ....

:lol: Glad to see the Arnier name has transferred from Steelmen Online along with Henri.

Was almost bang in line with me but 10 or so rows down.

Utterly horrendous scenes.

I hope they didn't tell the boy we won through a 92nd minute CW33 winner - he'd be off again!

He was quite a few rows behind us but in the same section. Just heard a clatter and saw some boy screaming at the stewards and police to hurry the f**k up and then saw him being carried out by his arms and legs.

Felt like I was going to join him after that winner!

Question for the Saints fans - is your ill educated and unwarranted attacks on a promising 18 year old player you know nothing about all stemming from that time I said Chris Kane was shite and compared him to CW33 - the DAB Slayer?

He had a few nice touches and scored a winning goal in a huge game with a perfectly placed finish. The boy's got a great chance of making it as a Premiership player. He is currently a squad player for us and fulfills that role perfectly.

I'd also like to point out that at 3 years Chris Kane's junior he's not far off the St Johnstone wunderkinds top flight goal tally - a tally I expect him to have exceeded before he turns 21 despite being played out of position in the bulk of his appearances for us.

Disclaimer - All quotes of Kanes goalscoring record in the Championship will be used to justify my opinion he's a Championship level player.

Thank you.

It was just an observation that he still looks massively lightweight for this level. I said it last time you all took massive offence at someone suggesting Wightons not ready yet, but May was similar at that age. 

Kanes got a similar problem but seems to be learning how to throw himself down and get free kicks protect the ball against large centre halves thanks to MacLean, so will maybe overcome that obstacle, it'll be interesting to see what Wighton does.

I said I didn't think he was particularly great. I don't rate Kane either.

I'm of the opinion Kanes never going to get over 12 goals in a season for us, and will go down a MacLean-esque route of averaging around 7-8 in a good year. 

Hope the Dee that got carted out is alright.

That's a bad one having it happen at the footy. At least there's always plenty of emergency services around if you do have a heart attack at the footy.

Defib kits in every ground should be a requirement.

You consider an 18 year old as 'hardly young anymore, in footballing terms'? You don't half talk shite.

Concur, terrible chat. The day after a guy who stopped playing when he was 16 and didn't play full time until his early 20s celebrates winning the Premier League having scored 22 goals in the process.

No, I'm setting them up for the sort of teltage you normally get from

Now f**k off to the Championship.

Thank You.

I really don't want to upset you. I now appreciate what a sensitive wee flower you are. If there's anything I'm posting that upsets you please let me know.

#dontupsetsensitivedeefiant

Thought Wighton was rank last night, but he scored the winner so what more does he really have to do.

Strikes me as someone who wont make it at this level though. Although Aberdeen have had plenty of those nearly men over the years.

It's a sad day when you're more up to date with modern phrases than myself. Although to be fair you seem to be more up to date with modern homosexual phrases?

Yaaaas Davie! Get him telt.

Also, get those photos uploaded. I hope you managed to capture a picture of me with my deefiant scarf held above my head so I can have it on my living room wall and tell my son tales of that night for years to come.

Thank you.

Plenty of pics here http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/02-05-2016-Dundee-v-Dundee-United/G00002muzKTuBB6c/

Thought Wighton was rank last night, but he scored the winner so what more does he really have to do.

Strikes me as someone who wont make it at this level though. Although Aberdeen have had plenty of those nearly men over the years.

I thought he was among the best of a poor bunch last night, carried the ball into dangerous positions but then ran out of options. Our movement was dreadful yesterday.

Some cracking photos in there.

Cheers Sarto - I think they pretty much tell the story, I've done it other way round - I got lucky last night when all the other photographers in the corner between the Derry and the Shankly b*ggered off to the other side to do Mixu full time reaction and thrity seconds later Dillon wiped out Kane for that free kick.

Then Wighton ran my way and decided the United fans should see him celebrate too - gold dust to someone doing my job

Hope the Dee that got carted out is alright.

That's a bad one having it happen at the footy. At least there's always plenty of emergency services around if you do have a heart attack at the footy.

Defib kits in every ground should be a requirement.

You got a warning for saying footy once, but twice is a sending off offence. Get off.

And get doon.

I thought he was among the best of a poor bunch last night, carried the ball into dangerous positions but then ran out of options. Our movement was dreadful yesterday.

Pretty much this, his choice of passes was silly at times but he's only a young laddie. His work rate was excellent and I'd be more than happy to see him finish the season playing every game.

Pretty much this, his choice of passes was silly at times but he's only a young laddie. His work rate was excellent and I'd be more than happy to see him on the TV finish the season playing every game.

FTFY

Archived