The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did Rae say? I told you all that this is part of the cycle. Rae and Farrell done the same at Dens. Deluded, the both of them.

Just utterly raging about being sacked by St Mirren and boring every single one of the Clyde SSB listeners by trying to justify his awful start to the season.

It was actually quite entertaining when St Mirren fans started to call in and slate him. He brought out the "I'm a football expert and your just a daft punter so I know best" type patter.

Certainly worth a listen :lol:

46 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Just utterly raging about being sacked by St Mirren and boring every single one of the Clyde SSB listeners by trying to justify his awful start to the season.

It was actually quite entertaining when St Mirren fans started to call in and slate him. He brought out the "I'm a football expert and your just a daft punter so I know best" type patter.

Certainly worth a listen :lol:

You got a link? I had a quick look but couldn't find it

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Gordon Scott on Clyde tonight raised several points:

Jack Ross will more than likely continue into next season as manager to try and allow him to bring some stability within the club unless something 'unforeseen' happens....by this I assume he means that unless Ross loses the dressing room completely, he'll be given the chance to properly rebuild the squad in the summer regardless of division.

In addition to losing the dressing room, I'd take that to include results being unacceptable even in the context of this season: going the whole remainder of the season without a win and ending up about 20 points off 9th or taking a nine or ten nil hammering. Sensible approach from Scott though.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Good interview. Impressed with Gordon Scott, he speaks well.

To think, he wanted to buy the club in the 'traditional' way a few years back but the former BoD wouldn't have it. Things could be so different.

5 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

He brought out the "I'm a football expert and your just a daft punter so I know best" type patter.

There's nothing worse. And it's that attitude (and unwillingness to admit his very clear mistakes) that means he'll never work in football management again.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

In addition to losing the dressing room, I'd take that to include results being unacceptable even in the context of this season: going the whole remainder of the season without a win and ending up about 20 points off 9th or taking a nine or ten nil hammering. Sensible approach from Scott though.

If someone ever puts 10 (ten) past us, I'd like to think we'd manage to muster at least three goals in return.

Very impressed with Gordon's interview last night. 

Things don't seem to be as bleak now. 

A wee change of fortune in the League now and hopefully we'll go on a good run and escape the drop. 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Only an utter pub team would lose nine or ten goal in a match at this level..........................when did that last happen ???

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Only an utter pub team would lose nine or ten goal in a match at this level..........................when did that last happen ???

Cowdenbeath lost 10(ten) to Hearts in 2015. Not sure that was the answer you were looking for though!

6 minutes ago, microdave said:

Cowdenbeath lost 10(ten) to Hearts in 2015. Not sure that was the answer you were looking for though!

CowTenbeath doesn't work brilliantly, though.

I think we were hoping for a team whose name could form a seamless portmanteau with the word 'ten'. That team must also have once conceded ten goals in a game.

If only such a team existed. 

53 minutes ago, microdave said:

I had blanked that match out of my head for so long.  F**k you Microdave :lol:

1 hour ago, shull said:

Mallan ready to leave to Barnsley for £150000. 

Hopefully, a percentage add on written into Contract for future Transfer. 

You know this as a fact do you or you believe everything the Record prints no one knows how much other than the board .

Archived