The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours that Naismith is off to Ross county tomorrow with a fee agreed. If this is accurate then we must have a left back lined up.

Irvine will most likely switch over to play in the right back slot, and we should hopefully see a left back coming in at last.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

How much would you guys expect to get for Naismith and Mallan?

I'm a sensible chap, so £125k the pair. £100k for Mallan (with a sell-on clause), £25k for Naismith.

Needless to say, someone will inevitably be along in a bit to say we shouldn't be accepting less than £800k for Mallan, despite the fact that's pure fantasy.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm a sensible chap, so £125k the pair. £100k for Mallan (with a sell-on clause), £25k for Naismith.

Needless to say, someone will inevitably be along in a bit to say we shouldn't be accepting less than £800k for Mallan, despite the fact that's pure fantasy.

Seems reasonable.  Would you rather a large chunk of that £125K was thrown at players in this window to try and salvage your place in this league or bank it and use it to offset any potential losses for falling to League 1?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Seems reasonable.  Would you rather a large chunk of that £125K was thrown at players in this window to try and salvage your place in this league or bank it and use it to offset any potential losses for falling to League 1?

I'd invest a third of it, keep two thirds for those rainy days by the seaside.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Personally,  I'd rather we use the money wisely. I personally would like to see it reinvested in a few decent younger players who will do a job for us this season but if the worst comes to the worst and we do drop,  will still be here for the league one campaign.  Guys like Greig Spence and the young French lad Bikey at Stirling are just two whose outlay would be a fraction of whatever money we bring in for Mallan and Naismith and would improve the squad as it stands. Of course these are just examples but if we invest it soundly and wholly,  we could build from the ground up again. 

For what's its worth, negotiation of a decent sell on percentage with Mallan is vital. He's exactly the type of player who will go to a better team and flourish,  then move on for daft Championship level money. See Graeme Dorrans,  Robert Snodgrass and Ross McCormack. If he goes down there for a pittance,  impresses and moves on in two years for a couple of million,  then I'd hope to f**k we negotiate a 20% cut of that. 

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

For what's its worth, negotiation of a decent sell on percentage with Mallan is vital. He's exactly the type of player who will go to a better team and flourish,  then move on for daft Championship level money. See Graeme Dorrans,  Robert Snodgrass and Ross McCormack. If he goes down there for a pittance,  impresses and moves on in two years for a couple of million,  then I'd hope to f**k we negotiate a 20% cut of that. 

Ah yes. Always one to spot free money, Angelo Massone did of course cancel Livingston's 20% sell-on clause for Dorrans in return for 50K, only for West Brom to receive a bid of £5 million the same month :lol:

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Ah yes. Always one to spot free money, Angelo Massone did of course cancel Livingston's 20% sell-on clause for Dorrans in return for 50K, only for West Brom to receive a bid of £5 million the same month :lol:

So what are you implying :whistle!

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

And likely spent it all on his Ferrari parking fines. 

I'm maybe being harsh, and the fact he's always played for a shambolic st Mirren team hasn't helped him, but don't think he will be missed. Has all the physical attributes but has extremely limited ability. Wish him all the best at county as always like to see the local lads do well.

Archived