The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, elvis said:

You know this as a fact do you or you believe everything the Record prints no one knows how much other than the board .

I might be on the Board. 

Stay positive. 

9 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Yes, you'll be signing a few duds for next seasons campaign

Way to wind us up with stuff that most of us strongly suspect anyway.

Re your first point, I reckon we'd probably aim to spend a third of any incoming fees on the squad and save the rest for our buckets and spades fund. We've got to gamble, but sensibly. 

Re your second point: yes, quite. Hard to shake the idea that the likes of Todd aren't here with League 1 in mind. But our squad was rotten to the core so we're cutting out a huge chunk of it, while cashing in while we can on the sellable assets we do have.

What would you do differently?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Way to wind us up with stuff that most of us strongly suspect anyway.

Re your first point, I reckon we'd probably aim to spend a third of any incoming fees on the squad and save the rest for our buckets and spades fund. We've got to gamble, but sensibly. 

Re your second point: yes, quite. Hard to shake the idea that the likes of Todd aren't here with League 1 in mind. But our squad was rotten to the core so we're cutting out a huge chunk of it, while cashing in while we can on the sellable assets we do have.

What would you do differently?

Nothing different to be honest..difficult balancing act

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Billy O'Brien confirmed on loan until the end of the season. He'll surely be given the chance to be the number one given how pish the other two are.

He'll be straight in the starting eleven. I can see Gallagher leaving now.

Archived