shire v edin city

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red cards overturned help Edinburgh a lot more than us, they get back arguably their best player where as we get back a player who is a guaranteed booking and possibly sending off. Donaldson is the type of player who if say we're 2-1 down with 10 left would get himself sent off for a ridiculous tackle or elbow.

This guy called it

Condolences to the Shire, hope they can regroup at the lower level and hopefully come back stronger one day. Congratulations and welcome (back) to Edinburgh City. Great story and great achievement.

Congratulations to Edinburgh City. Great to see a Lowland League team get promoted. Will be very interesting to see what they can do next season.

Good luck to East Stirling next season as well. Hopefully once the dust settles, the club and the fans keep on pushing, and will get some new grounds and teams to visit.

Was reading on Twitter about a 93 year old lifelong Shire fan, who was going to the game. Got to feel sorry for the few guys like that, who are genuinely Shire through and through, but the moment the new playoff process was brought in the clock was ticking down to this. It doesn't have to be the end of the road. Bo'ness left the SFL in 1932 and there's still plenty of life at Newtown Park. Shire just need to find their niche. I seriously doubt that will be as an SPFL club again moving forward, but maybe a move to Grangemouth will/would stabilize things.

Aye well, that's for beating us 5-2 in 2008 'Shire

:( I'm genuinely saddened by this. I don't like change much

More Grounds to visit, makes completing the 42 a little bit more interesting.

Archived