shire v edin city

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose even then though it's hard to see how a support base can grow, especially now in the Lowland League. Very much a sad day for football in the Falkirk area I'd say.

Could being in weekly contention for league success in the LL rather than losing most games for at least a decade be a blessing in disguise?

Eta: especially when admission is less than the price of two pre-match pints, assuming they drop their admission to a level on par with the rest of the league.

That was eye bleeding stuff from both teams. City will need to improve dramatically on that evidence or they'll be back in the playoffs next year. The lack of any fight put up by the Shire was quite astounding. No tactics or gameplan of any form from them at all.

2 dire teams, city just edged it, well done to them. Feel sorry for shire, was standing chatting with a couple of them who have been going for years, felt the lads pain at full time. Special shout out to big Joe, apart from one lapse absolutely strolled it.

Lastly, city have a few young wallopers in their support.

Could being in weekly contention for league success in the LL rather than losing most games for at least a decade be a blessing in disguise?

Have to hope so. But even at that, it's hard to see how they'll grow their fanbase in their current situation in terms of sharing at Ochilview.

I do hope that it will be a case of taking a step back to move forward though. I think the Albion Rovers fan above is right in that Spencer Fearn has a bit to answer for for their current situation too.

That was eye bleeding stuff from both teams. City will need to improve dramatically on that evidence or they'll be back in the playoffs next year. The lack of any fight put up by the Shire was quite astounding. No tactics or gameplan of any form from them at all.

How motivated are you to fight if you know deep down you are probably on a free transfer no matter what happens? The SPFL club is usually going to find this playoff difficult for that reason if their opponent is really up for it with players keen on stepping up to the higher level. When it's an LL club involved like this year there are no doubts on that one. Edinburgh City should do OK for much the same reason Meadowbank Thistle did alright back in the 70s and 80s with minimal support. Lots of players around locally in a large city. Recruitment is more difficult when you are Elgin City.

Good luck Shire. Hope you survive this and get back up.**

Scary times to be a Diddy team supporter.

**Not by sending us down tho.

Archived