shire v edin city

Meadowbank stadium- the dictionary definition of soulless football. Please tell me it's getting demolished. Oh and congratulations City

As opposed to grounds like Broadwood/Excelsior/Dumbarton/Methil?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy 12 points next season. Bye bye Shire it's been coming since the 1980s

Berwick Rangers are usually basically an Edinburgh team playing their home games in Northumbria. If Spartans gatecrash the party as well in the years ahead you might be the losers in that particular equation, if the players you would normally be looking to sign prefer to play for an Edinburgh team playing in Edinburgh.

Meadowbank stadium- the dictionary definition of soulless football. Please tell me it's getting demolished. Oh and congratulations City

City have one season left there and it's being bulldozed.

And they apparently bring more to the league than shire

How motivated are you to fight if you know deep down you are probably on a free transfer no matter what happens? The SPFL club is usually going to find this playoff difficult for that reason if their opponent is really up for it with players keen on stepping up to the higher level. When it's an LL club involved like this year there are no doubts on that one. Edinburgh City should do OK for much the same reason Meadowbank Thistle did alright back in the 70s and 80s with minimal support. Lots of players around locally in a large city. Recruitment is more difficult when you are Elgin City.

I'd like to think if I was on that position I'd have more professional pride. I'd also be embarrassed to be in that position in front of a four figure crowd.

Gutted, but the better team won.

Really can't see how we survive now: no real support, no community around us, no money, no ground.

There's still the tie in with LK Galaxy and the community programme you have.

The Steedmans couldn't kill 'em. Alan Mackin & his cronies couldn't kill 'em. Sauron couldn't kill them.

The most remarkable part of the Shire's history is the lack of the "impending demise" every expert for a hundred years "knew" was about to happen. They'll survive and (eventually) thrive.

that was nothing short of embarrassing, apart from 1 or 2, we didn't even looked that arsed about it. biggest game in the clubs history and most likely each players career, and they couldn't give less of a shite. Connor Greene, Darren Dolan and Chris Townsley aside, can't see any of them playing in league 2 next season, just hope to f**k the rest of them aren't with us.

very long way back. unless our financial situation changes, I can't see us having many more seasons left.

Seriously? Where are City moving?

If the demolition goes ahead then a new stadium will be built as part of the new development. However last I heard the redevelopment was being delayed due to lack of funding.

No it's on Lochend Road now next to the gates of Lochend Park.

So what's the place at the Playhouse, is it shut???

Was only in it last summer!!!

So what's the place at the Playhouse, is it shut???Was only in it last summer!!!
Aye was very handy for the Waverley station :(
C C Blooms.
Whilst next to the Playhouse the City Social Club was further doon towards the pet shop.

Archived