shire v edin city

The red cards overturned help Edinburgh a lot more than us, they get back arguably their best player where as we get back a player who is a guaranteed booking and possibly sending off. Donaldson is the type of player who if say we're 2-1 down with 10 left would get himself sent off for a ridiculous tackle or elbow.

Can you let me know what tonight's winning lottery numbers are going to be 😉

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see what's happened to the Shire. I guess with the introduction of the pyramid it was always likely they'd find themselves in this position, but given everything that's happened down the years in modern times with Mackin, the leaving of Firs Park and to now, I can't help but feel sorry for their fans and those who work behind the scenes there.

I have to say I worry about the future of the club if they can't bounce back soon, but at the very least I hope they can stabilise and have a medium-long term future. They're probably the only League Two club you'd worry might disappear if they went down under the pyramid system.

Congratulations due to Edinburgh City though and it'll be interesting to see how they fare next season. Tough one for the Shire though.

Does it count if you were at Meadowbank when Livingston played there, or do you have to do it again?

Counts imo. Otherwise it's like saying you can't tick off Ochilview unless you saw East Stirling there despite being there for a Stenny game previously.

Hampden doesn't count unless it's a QP game btw.

Welcome to the SPFL Edinburgh City!

Condolences shire, must be a fucking strange feeling.

Would be hilarious if Hibs' next derby is Edinburgh City  :lol:

(Can see East Kilbride coming up next season btw)

Gutted, but the better team won.

Really can't see how we survive now: no real support, no community around us, no money, no ground.

Really hope that's not the case. Being at Ochilview, from an outside viewpoint, for as long as you have been hasn't helped. Isn't there progress being made on a new ground in Grangemouth?

I suppose even then though it's hard to see how a support base can grow, especially now in the Lowland League. Very much a sad day for football in the Falkirk area I'd say.

Gutted, but the better team won.

Really can't see how we survive now: no real support, no community around us, no money, no ground.

Condolences! At least Alan Mackin will be happy now- Spencer Fern has wee bit to answer for as well

The Shire were really quite appalling today playing a horrendous long ball game that wouldn't have looked out of place on a Sunday morning pitch.

Edinburgh deserved it based on the second half. Well done and good luck.

Tully - please piss off and don't return.

Archived