shire v edin city

Feel for the long suffering Shire' fans. Maybe now it's a proper chance to completely overhaul the club and come back a lot stronger instead of the constant stagnation at the bottom of League 2.

Congrats to Edin City though, it's refreshing for a new club to come in.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the Shire dead then.

No Ochilview stewards next season is s brucie bonus as well

I'm gobsmacked at that figure. Looked over 2,000 to me...

For the first time ever at Ochilview, I've got something good to say about the stewards. 

Tried to get into the stand, but they closed the turnstiles when I was around 20 from the front. Head steward said to a younger steward to make sure we got to the front of the queue as we had queued already. Instead, he just opened an exit gate & let us in & wouldn't take cash!

Then it was back to normal - total bunch of over-officious p***ks for the rest of the day.

As for the game, City appeared the superior side, and seemed more likely to score the longer the second half continued. Still thought Shire could hold out until the penalty, but no way they ever looked like getting it back - they had one half hearted claim for a soft penalty & they didn't manage to clear the first man from a corner and then again from a free kick.

So, welcome City - a new team to visit next season and au revoir to Shire - hope you can get back at first attempt!

This was the worse result I have ever seen in supporting the club for 30 years thought not the worse result in our history ( bizarre how current newspapers think the world started in 2010).

Results add up to good or bad things. Today the players came short and our league status since 1919/20 is now no more. Edinburgh City deserved the result over the 2 games and I do wish them the best fortune for next season.

As for my club, Mackin has so so much to answer for. Sadly the greed of an individual can have such an adverse affect on that which he attacks that there is little left to fight back against. Shire fans have been fighting back against the evil of this for more than 10 years and this will not stop as we now go out of the proffesional leagues. No one should ever be to allow to kill a club for their own reward. As it stands with at the moment with my club the killer has has won. I take little joy from that.

Dead is dead.

Mixed emotions here as could have happened / will happen to anyone . Well done  Edinburgh City......and hard luck East Stirling. I say mixed emotions as while i happy and excited to see that the system works i really feel for the losers . But that what it was put in place for , so  job done .......enough said....

Commiserations to the Shire tonight, it must be a real sickener for the fans. I went along to a few games at Firs Park when I was younger because living in Cumbernauld it was always a short trip through if Clyde were away from home. There's one game, I remember in particular where East Stirling beat the playoff winning Queen's Park team of 2006/07 1-0 in the Challenge Cup during the 2007/08 season. Despite both Clyde and East Stirlingshire playing in the same league for the past few years, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Shire and I have enjoyed some good away days to Ochilview recently. I really do sincerely hope that the club can pull through this setback.

Conversely, congratulations to Edinburgh City and welcome to League 2. With Cowdenbeath, Forfar and Edinburgh City now in League 2 for next year, there'll be a good few new away days to enjoy or endure next season.

Absolute gutted even a belly full of beer hasn't eased the pain.

Having watched the shire for many a year it has became a struggle over the last couple of years and possibly a rebirth in a new stadium in the LL could reinvigorate the shire support. Congratulations to city well deserved winners today but my word of caution to you is the big league is not all its cracked up to be but I'm sure you will work that out for yourself.

Hard luck Shire. Awful position to be in. Hope your fortunes change. Hope we don't follow you into the abyss, but we are not a million miles away from being in a similar situation.

Welcome Edinburgh City. It'll be strange going back to Meadowbank for a league game .

Hard luck Shire. Awful position to be in. Hope your fortunes change. Hope we don't follow you into the abyss, but we are not a million miles away from being in a similar situation.

Welcome Edinburgh City. It'll be strange going back to Meadowbank for a league game .

I'm fearful. But it will be good to visit Meadowbank again for old times sake. I've got a few programmes in the loft from MT days.

Why is everyone wailing about the shire dying? They knew this was a possibility. Failure to survive in the lowland league is their own doing. For years they have received a wooden spoon, now they will feel the true meaning of finishing bottom. No more complacency from league 2 teams. A new era begins.

Archived