The Partick Thistle thread

I know we were in for Darnell Fisher last year and with St Johnstone not taking him on full time, he might be available on loan again.

It wasn't through choice we never re-signed him, as by all accounts we were keen too. He wants to try and impress Rodgers.

It wasn't through choice we never re-signed him, as by all accounts we were keen too. He wants to try and impress Rodgers.

Fisher may not have much time to impress Rodgers. His contract reportedly expires at the end of this month - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/darnell-fisher/profil/spieler/223263. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Ah, I presumed Watson was the preference, never realised St Johnstone tried to keep Fisher.

We were told, at the time when Deila was still there, that he'd be returning to do pre-season with them and he'd potentially be loaned out late in the window if he failed to impress. So we signed Watson as our manager wanted someone signed up and committed to us, instead of waiting until deadline day and finding out he's not moving.

Fisher may not have much time to impress Rodgers. His contract reportedly expires at the end of this month - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/darnell-fisher/profil/spieler/223263. 

He's got one more year on his contract, if he didn't we'd have signed him.

Hmm, the papers are saying - so it must be true - that Thistle, Well and Accies have been told by the SPFL to lump the new season's schedule.

I'm an idiot because I'm not looking forward to a new season for the first time in a number of years? Okay.

I'm not too happy at the moment either. Hopefully if we can get two or three decent signings in I will feel a bit more upbeat. This will be our hardest season since our top flight return what ever happens on that front, imo.

Hmm, the papers are saying - so it must be true - that Thistle, Well and Accies have been told by the SPFL to lump the new season's schedule.

Seems reasonable IMO.

Reform an unbalanced league with two huge teams, a couple of medium sized ones and the rest minnows, so that some teams miss out on the revenue from the huge teams' visit, despite it previously having been the same for everyone.  Don't see any problem with that at all.