The Partick Thistle thread

You're replying to a complete moron, stop encouraging him.

Stop behaving like a complete twat and allow the boy to find his way within the forum. It doesn't exist for you and your clique alone. The more the merrier.

3 hours ago, The Woolshed said:

Pointless piece of information - Was on the same flight back this evening from Reus as Archibald.

No, that is very pertinent information...

giphy.gif

Don't think Archie will be doing much (if any) business on his family holiday - next Ramon Escales signing in 5..4..

On instagram, Niall Keown, Edwards etc are still on holiday so I don't think we'll see any movement for atleast a week. 

Pointless piece of information - Was on the same flight back this evening from Reus as Archibald.

Read that as Archibald was flying back with Reus.

What a fucking signing that would be, imagine Marco Reus teeing them up for Kris Doolan

Archie told the ET we made offers to a few players once a top six finish was secured, IIRC. One of those is likely to have been Murray...no idea who the others are.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you had been in for Alex Fisher but I'm not sure whether that was just people speculating on Twitter or a post on WAT.

Not particularly surprised that it has all been quiet so far. Excluding Murray, I can't think of any out-of-contract player in Scotland that we would have likely targeted - Meekings perhaps, would doubt there is any substance to the chat we were interested in Fisher. I'd say that most of our targets will be English-based or already in contract so wouldn't expect much movement before July. Maybe a tad disappointed that we've not lined up any PCA's from south given the extra time we've had since the split - but whose to say we've not and they've not been announced yet.

Would prefer an extended contract for Cerny before anything else.

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but Dumbuya pulled out of the Sierra Leone squad citing 'personal issues'. I think his injury record is evidence of why he's struggled to make his mark anywhere throughout his career and with Christie's emergence at full-back, I wouldn't be surprised if these 'issues' are that he's moving back south especially given he moved out of his gaff before the season's end.

1 hour ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Players in the English leagues don't go out-of-contract until the 1st July, that's when we might start to hear more reliable 'rumours'.

How come Motherwell have signed several from the English leagues already or were they technically out of contract or something?  Not sure of the ins and outs of the transfer market in England 

18 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Not particularly surprised that it has all been quiet so far. Excluding Murray, I can't think of any out-of-contract player in Scotland that we would have likely targeted - Meekings perhaps, would doubt there is any substance to the chat we were interested in Fisher. I'd say that most of our targets will be English-based or already in contract so wouldn't expect much movement before July. Maybe a tad disappointed that we've not lined up any PCA's from south given the extra time we've had since the split - but whose to say we've not and they've not been announced yet.

Would prefer an extended contract for Cerny before anything else.

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but Dumbuya pulled out of the Sierra Leone squad citing 'personal issues'. I think his injury record is evidence of why he's struggled to make his mark anywhere throughout his career and with Christie's emergence at full-back, I wouldn't be surprised if these 'issues' are that he's moving back south especially given he moved out of his gaff before the season's end.

I heard he moved house recently as well but there was nothing to say he had left the club so he may have just moved to another part of Glasgow or Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

How come Motherwell have signed several from the English leagues already or were they technically out of contract or something?  Not sure of the ins and outs of the transfer market in England 

2 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Hmmm. Good question. Maybe able to terminate before 30th June by mutual consent.

Without knowing myself I'd have said they're essentially PCAs. As their contracts won't be renewed and as it's the close season they're essentially free to do what they want, they've got no obligation to be at their club just now anyway. The transfer of player registration will take place when the window opens and their deal will commence on expiry of their current/previous club.

Bigirimana's contract was expiring, Tanner had been told by Reading he was being released. The only one who was actually under contract was Carson and I'd imagine his is just a straightforward transfer to go through when the windows open for both associations.