The Partick Thistle thread

Archie has never played in England, for either of the old firm or for his country so he'll be likely be off the radar when it comes to any worthwhile vacancies down south. I think when he eventually goes it will be to another Scottish club. When Dundee sack McCann in October they might come round waving the cheque book.

K.

Group stage fixtures confirmed. Us v Saints is on tv for the millionth time. No good away games so holding out for a good pre season fixture now.

(A) Livingston, Saturday 15th July, 3pm

(H) St Mirren, Saturday 22nd July, 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

(A) Airdrieonians, Tuesday 25th July, 7:45pm

(H) Stranraer, Saturday 29th July, 3pm

41 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Group stage fixtures confirmed. Us v Saints is on tv for the millionth time. No good away games so holding out for a good pre season fixture now.

(A) Livingston, Saturday 15th July, 3pm

(H) St Mirren, Saturday 22nd July, 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

(A) Airdrieonians, Tuesday 25th July, 7:45pm

(H) Stranraer, Saturday 29th July, 3pm

do we get any money for the game being on tv?

Presumably as it's a cup game, so I guess some good has come of this draw. I'd imagine pre-season will follow last year's route this season and in future with a training camp followed by a couple of games vs English non-league sides as their league sides won't start playing friendlies until our LC matches have started.

Re: signings, I'm not panicking but I did hope given we knew on April 8th that we'd be top 6 and really the only decision to make being between Welsh and Fraser we'd have someone sorted as soon as the season ended but evidently not.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Presumably as it's a cup game, so I guess some good has come of this draw. I'd imagine pre-season will follow last year's route this season and in future with a training camp followed by a couple of games vs English non-league sides as their league sides won't start playing friendlies until our LC matches have started.

Re: signings, I'm not panicking but I did hope given we knew on April 8th that we'd be top 6 and really the only decision to make being between Welsh and Fraser we'd have someone sorted as soon as the season ended but evidently not.

I have a feeling we're waiting to see what happens with Lindsay in particular before offering out contracts, since the calibre of our targets will depend a bit on how any deal involving him leaving is structured.Glad to hear that we're back in for Keown (which makes sense since he'd be very useful to have again for next season and as it's a loan it isn't affected much by whatever happens with Liam)

Archie told the ET we made offers to a few players once a top six finish was secured, IIRC. One of those is likely to have been Murray...no idea who the others are.

22 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

We're being linked with Wolves left back Sylvain Deslandes.

He's a left back, sounds like a wind up - we have Booth and Penrice already as left backs and we are rumoured to be signing Stelios Dimitreau (St Mirren) who is also a left back - would seem strange to sign a fourth who seems to have only played 3 games for Wolves in 3 years?

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

He's a left back, sounds like a wind up - we have Booth and Penrice already as left backs and we are rumoured to be signing Stelios Dimitreau (St Mirren) who is also a left back - would seem strange to sign a fourth who seems to have only played 3 games for Wolves in 3 years?

Since he is on trial there, we could go for ATS too and make that 5 LB/LWB's (anything to f**k up DU's plans is a good thing)

Booth wasn't great last season and Penrice will go out on loan in all likelihood so I'd encourage the manager to look out for players in that position.

I said before he left that I didn't imagine ATS would do great down south but at least he gave it a stab and probably made good dollah in that time. Would be pretty happy if came back though.