The Partick Thistle thread

On 2017-6-13 at 10:23, jagfox99 said:

I actually think McInnes would put in a good word about Archie.
In the event he left I would be targeting Callum Davidson as a replacement.

:lol:

We'll need him as our manager by the end of the week. Sir Thomas is on his way to Aberdeen as we speak.

39 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Thistle will be getting into some Beaver in a close door friendly with Hampton and Richmond FC on the 5th July.

Closed door? Are they insane? The demand would be astronomical.

Rumour from inside the club boardroom (I can't say who) is that they are scared to death of Aberdeen approaching the powers at Firhill to talk to Archie and Scott about replacing McInnes and Docherty. Not saying it will happen but they are putting measures in place in case. [emoji30] being proactive about the possibility.

The only people suggesting Archibald for Aberdeen as a possibility appear to be Thistle fans.

While they're obviously a bigger club, I think, like us, they're at a bit of a high water mark and with Hayes, McGinn, Jack away they have a rebuild to do in short order. I've thought that he might go this summer if the right offer comes in because of the aforementioned high water mark, but at the same time Aberdeen has poisoned chalice and sacked before Christmas written all over it. Plus their fans are spewing at the thought of Tommy Wright so I can't imagine they'll entertain Archibald and his fantastic run of results against Aberdeen.

Edited by Fuctifano

26 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Rumour from inside the club boardroom (I can't say who) is that they are scared to death of Aberdeen approaching the powers at Firhill to talk to Archie and Scott about replacing McInnes and Docherty. Not saying it will happen but they are putting measures in place in case. emoji30.png being proactive about the possibility.

While that's all very well could they not worry about that until it happens and concentrate on other matters such as the new strips, signings etc

If Archie is as smart as we think he is, he'd take the Aberdeen job AFTER the next appointment fails to meet expectations. That position is a total lose-lose situation now.

Just finished 2nd in the league, lost club captain, lost the 2 most creative players (with Hayes probably being their best player) and other 1st team regulars, got <4weeks till Europa League games, 2 cup finals..oh and they don't have their own training ground either so that would piss Archie off too.

Unless he just wants a payoff around Christmas..

Think our expectations yet again are not to get relegated. Obviously we should be looking to build on last year but let's be realistic about the size of our budget and club. Particularly until we know the actual squad we will have to play with.

Last season was decent but there was thin margins overall. IF Dundee or Ross County reversed form against us they'd have been top 6.
Plenty of room for improvement.