The Partick Thistle thread

St Johnstone thread for this pish... 

He's apparently our back up option, plus he won't leave until Aberdeen are either out of Europe or sign another striker. He's going no where right now.

Won't ever happen. 
The gate is split evenly for the League cup tie. Hence offer open to both. 
League ties money goes to home club only. So they get to set ticket pricing. 

I'm really meaning the reciprocal ticket pricing scheme thing that was touted a couple of seasons ago by a few teams. Think it happened between us, Dundee Utd and a couple of other teams.

St Johnstone thread for this pish... 

Indeed. We've agreed a fee with Aberdeen and the player wants to join. As Widge says though, there's plenty of rumours we're after a higher profile striker, and TW is mentioning a target of a similar standing, in his eyes, as MOH and Scougall, can't see that being Storey.

I see James Penrice got a couple of run outs in the League Cup. How did he get on? Looked like a player that could go far in the game any time I saw him with us last season. Much chance of him breaking into the Thistle first team this year?

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I see James Penrice got a couple of run outs in the League Cup. How did he get on? Looked like a player that could go far in the game any time I saw him with us last season. Much chance of him breaking into the Thistle first team this year?

Was used as an emergency left side centre back as we had nobody after Lindsay left and Keown out injured. He is behind Booth in the left wing back role and with us signing a left side centre back he is on the bench. Was talk of a loan to Dumbarton,but our injury woes stopped that. Now we are better off I would think Archibald would want to loan him out again. Possibly the loan to Dumbarton is back on?

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd String

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Indeed. We've agreed a fee with Aberdeen and the player wants to join. As Widge says though, there's plenty of rumours we're after a higher profile striker, and TW is mentioning a target of a similar standing, in his eyes, as MOH and Scougall, can't see that being Storey.

So, just to clarify.....a player has agreed to sign for you but will hold off, giving you the opportunity to sign someone better than he Is.

He must really really want to sign for St Johnstone

So, just to clarify.....a player has agreed to sign for you but will hold off, giving you the opportunity to sign someone better than he Is.

It's probably the lure of living in #Perthshire

36 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

RG's gonna RG

He hasn't agreed to sign for us no. We've agreed a fee with Aberdeen which gives us permission to speak to him, and the player is interested in the move. That's as far as its went as far as we know.