The Partick Thistle thread

Ross Forbes won't sign for Thistle. Thistle will sign for Ross Forbes. 

I've been tipping ATS to end up at Motherwell for at least the last 2 seasons and I'd imagine he'd get a gig in the top flight. 

We couldn't afford to keep Frans in the top division and as much as he says nice things on twitter about us he's not going to come back. 

Frans constantly liking Thistle fans tweets and posting pro Jags sentiments is him just setting up his return in 2022 when he is absolutely crocked and a wage thief. Nostalgia loves a contract negotiation.

Ross Forbes won't sign for Thistle. Thistle will sign for Ross Forbes. 
I've been tipping ATS to end up at Motherwell for at least the last 2 seasons and I'd imagine he'd get a gig in the top flight. 
We couldn't afford to keep Frans in the top division and as much as he says nice things on twitter about us he's not going to come back.

We were vaguely linked with ATS last summer before he ended up at Plymouth.

Hendrie’s been papped back to Southend after his loan so you’d think we’ll definitely be in the market for a left-sided full back/wing back.

Realistically is he the sort of player who’d fit a Robinson side? We’re pretty big on having our wing backs getting crosses into the box and there’s obviously the “big, strong, physical hammer-throwers” tag to live up to.

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Looks like all Lindsay has to do to get a call up is fail down in England and come back up here based on Hendry and SOD starting for Scotland tonight.

I really can’t believe big Liam hasnt been involved at all. ReDonkulous !!!

scott McKenna or Liam Lindsay 

Edited by Thistle4eva

4 hours ago, Acaplegic said:

Yeah we're all heartbroken OWare signed for you lot.Not.

We've got better centre halfs in our invincible undefeated for the season Academy under 17s.

Bruno Alves and Russell Martin must have been a disappointment for you though?

I see from the Archibald interview that we've dug up the pitch again? Seems f**k all wrong with it as there was little football played on the deck in the last year or so...

#SoMoney

12 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:
13 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:
I’d Definitely take Higgy back isn’t he out of contract as well ?

Jesus f**k. Peak Thistle fans in transfer window.

From what I've seen and heard he's more than capable of doing a job at this level. Didn't have a great second season with us, but that first season... 

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Realistically is he the sort of player who’d fit a Robinson side? We’re pretty big on having our wing backs getting crosses into the box and there’s obviously the “big, strong, physical hammer-throwers” tag to live up to.

He pretty much fits the bill perfectly. He didn't use his size as effectively as he could have when he was with us but he was young and I suspect he'll have improved that now in his time down south, and if not I'm sure he'll get a fine education in the hammer throwing stakes at Fir Park. 

20 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Obviously a very experienced player at this level and makes headlines with his goal scoring record for a centre back.

Most Morton fans will tell you that his inclusion in last season's team of the year smacked of a lazy selection process as he had regressed a bit from the previous year and wasn't even regarded as our best central defender.

One nasty habit he developed last year was a bit of a Billy big balls attitude, making mistakes but absolutely berating everyone around him for them. You need to ensure that is stamped out. Not what we liked to see from our stand in captain.

At his best spell with us when he had Gunning beside him leading him. If you have a suitably strong partner for him then you have a good signing at this level. If you have someone who can put a decent corner onto his head he will be an asset at set pieces.

If he bonds with Archibald, then things are going bad leading to abuse for the manager from the fans, don't be surprised if he tries to get into the stand to have a square go with you.

Good servant to the club but most weren't overly concerned that it was time to part ways.

Literally only Penrice. No one else in the team can cross a ball to save their life. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What are you lot doing here? Don’t you play in the big league? 

This IS the big league m9. When did you guys get promoted?