The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

A rumour doing the rounds on twitter that Exeter City are interested in signing Miles Storey- I don’t think too many would be gutted to see him leave if there’s substance in the rumour 

They've apparently just signed someone called Jordan Storey.

Miles was pish last season but I wouldn't mind him staying. His pace would be an asset.

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

They've apparently just signed someone called Jordan Storey.

Miles was pish last season but I wouldn't mind him staying. His pace would be an asset.

They just sold Jordan Storey.

Jayden Stockley was banging them in for Exeter last season so on that basis Storey will be prolific down there if he goes.  I would keep him too if we can punt the other 2 on the transfer list, I'd hate to see his replacement on less money considering Archie's record for signing strikers when we were in the Premiership.

Before the cull but after we were relegated, I would have kept Storey as I think as pish as he was last year he could still be very good at this level despite zero technical ability because he can run very fast in a straight line. However given the contract situation I  can't really justify him being on significantly more cash than everyone else in the squad.

edit: nearly made a post about Storey without mentioning his shit haircut and very punchable face, sorry

Edited by Fuctifano

Storey, Keown and Barton could all have done a job for us in the Championship next season but I don't think for a moment that any one of the three will want to hang around Firhill any longer than was absolutely necessary.
Leagues 1 or 2 in England will provide them with an equal or better income and shorter journey times to the bosom of their families.

10 hours ago, Walter said:

Storey, Keown and Barton could all have done a job for us in the Championship next season but I don't think for a moment that any one of the three will want to hang around Firhill any longer than was absolutely necessary.
Leagues 1 or 2 in England will provide them with an equal or better income and shorter journey times to the bosom of their families.

Barton can get so far to f**k tbh. Aside from I think he might be the slowest professional player I've ever seen, he just didn't seem to give a f**k. Honestly he's just a big fanny. 

Storey and Keown staying is fine. Would rather free up wages though. 

Back of shirt sponsor renews and will have Beatson Charity on back of home shirts.

Aside from that I think it'll be more ping-pong getting played at the club office today... 

Back of shirt sponsor renews and will have Beatson Charity on back of home shirts.
Aside from that I think it'll be more ping-pong getting played at the club office today... 

Lol. Yeah I saw that. Ping pong ????‍♂️ How any business feels it necessary to publish their ability to slack off is beyond me. We’re not Google or Amazon. Especially after the year we’ve just had.

I’m all for some down time and banter through the fun or competitive indoor sports but you don’t have to throw it out on social media.

We’ve got new kit to release, players to sign and I’d hope some new ideas and creative ways to get punters through the turnstiles to deal with.

When’s the air hockey table being delivered? Maybe their spending that sell on cash we got for Jack Hendry? [emoji6]...wait a minute.

What an odd thing to get upset about.

Certainly not upset. Above post through some poor humor just saying does it really have to be plastered over social media?

I think we all agree the overwhelming surge of fans getting crazy about the lack of players in the door is more interesting. [emoji1303]

4 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Certainly not upset. Above post through some poor humor just saying does it really have to be plastered over social media?

I think we all agree the overwhelming surge of fans getting crazy about the lack of players in the door is more interesting. emoji1303.png

By plastered over social media you mean posted on the personal account of someone who works at the club right?

I think we can all agree anything is more interesting than your posts about what the office staff get up to when they aren't working.