The Partick Thistle thread

A good player for this level and someone I think we've tried to sign at least twice before, but at the same time a slow number 10 isn't really what we're after. 
Have to say, these were exactly my thoughts when I saw the news. Beginning to think McCall was letting us in for disappointment with his "we know what we need, whether we can get it done is another matter".

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

O'Ware away.

New loanee central defender to arrive at start of next week, sounds like a body from The Rangers with the chat. 

Honestly thought that video was going to start with "gaffer, we'll start with the positive news...Tam O'Ware has finally fucked off".

On the random Rangers* loan signing I'm going with Leon King. Mostly cause I want some awful Lion King patter on our forums this year.

Is that 'O'Ware is away' or 'O' Ware is still here but we're trying to move him on'? 

Based on his injury record, his general performances when he has actually played, as well as probably being one of the higher earners in the division, I can't imagine him being the easiest player to shift. 

Hopefully Falkirk can do us a favour, they seem to love a dumpling centre half. 

10 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Is that 'O'Ware is away' or 'O' Ware is still here but we're trying to move him on'? 

Based on his injury record, his general performances when he has actually played, as well as probably being one of the higher earners in the division, I can't imagine him being the easiest player to shift. 

I’m taking it as ‘O’Ware will be away shortly once we’ve agreed how much we’re paying him off.” But anything which means O’Ware won’t be playing is a positive. 

Like you, I think he’ll turn up at Falkirk, or possibly Airdrie. Shame for him that it hasn’t worked out, but as you say he’s been injured almost the whole time, and when he wasn’t injured he was mostly pish.

Edit: I think the Rangers loanee might be the boy McClellan who was at Falkirk last season. I hope not though because he wasn’t very good. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

35 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Honestly thought that video was going to start with "gaffer, we'll start with the positive news...Tam O'Ware has finally fucked off".

On the random Rangers* loan signing I'm going with Leon King. Mostly cause I want some awful Lion King patter on our forums this year.

King is regarded highly by Sevco but he's only 17.

Mayo and Breen, having been on loan with us before, are the other possibilities.

Tbh, we need a centre half with proven experience at our level.

36 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

McCall said "Tam O'Ware is seeking pastures new. He has been told that he won't feature here". He's a proven Championship level centre-back so I'm sure that he'll get sorted out. That may happen within the next two or three days, next week".  Based on those comments, Morton, Ayr or the Doonhamers would be my guess.

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Breen is away to Dunfermline on a permanent deal. 

Wonder if there's scope for Holt playing CB, small sample size but he's been better there than at FB. 

Really? There's been no official announcement.

Breen has recently been on loan at Orange County in the States.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Really? There's been no official announcement.

Breen has recently been on loan at Orange County in the States.

Breen tweeted on the Kai Kennedy's announcement ''see you soon''.

Few ITK fans were saying a 2 year deal was done before he said that. He will have to self isolate for ten days after coming back from the U.S, so we can't do an official unveiling yet.

42 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

King is regarded highly by Sevco but he's only 17.

Mayo and Breen, having been on loan with us before, are the other possibilities.

Tbh, we need a centre half with proven experience at our level.

He didn’t play much but I was never a fan of Breen anyway, Mayo also only played a few games but looked very solid - so I’d be pleased if we got him back. At least he’s got some experience at this level as oppose to King. I wouldn’t be against moving Holt to CB, along with whoever comes in next week, with Steven Bell as cover. With O’Ware leaving and Brownlie confirmed out for most of the season you could make a fair argument that we should actually be bringing 2 new CBs in.  

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

He didn’t play much but I was never a fan of Breen anyway, Mayo also only played a few games but looked very solid - so I’d be pleased if we got him back. At least he’s got some experience at this level as oppose to King. I wouldn’t be against moving Holt to CB, along with whoever comes in next week, with Steven Bell as cover. With O’Ware leaving and Brownlie confirmed out for most of the season you could make a fair argument that we should actually be bringing 2 new CBs in.  

I made the exact same point earlier and  agree with your assessment of Breen, Mayo and King.

We need two experienced CBs to replace Brownlie and O'Ware.

A left-sided CB who can play LB would be ideal but could be difficult to find.

30 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Never forget O’Ware’s sending off in the 5-1 skudding at east end, the most blatant foul and red I’ve  ever seen.

Absolutely stupidity from him that day. Probably the worst game from that pathetic season. 

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Never forget O’Ware’s sending off in the 5-1 skudding at east end, the most blatant foul and red I’ve  ever seen.

As I recall, it all came from an aimless punt up the park that O’Ware failed to control before attempting to beat his man, and fucking that up as well. About 2 minutes in.

Sums up his Thistle career perfectly. 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Interesting to hear McCall saying he’s prefers 4-3 over 1-0. Not even hiding that we’ll be shipping plenty of goals. Should be exciting. 

Always thought McCall’s Ayr team were a bit “best form of defence is attack” and that seems like he’s attempting to replicate that here. Fair enough, it’s about time we see some exciting football regularly at Firhill again (bar the end of last season), I don’t mind conceding a couple so long as we create and score freely.