The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

The information is there if you look.

What if someone doesn't know if they are going to make it and wake up hungover or decide they cannot be arsed? It is also not mandatory to tell the club you won't be there, this is only for if you are shielding/have covid and want access to the live stream which i would imagine won't be many. The club have no crystal ball that can predict who will and won't turn up and if a few hundred say they won't be there via email to club and then say "you know what, i will go", It screws the planning up and the capacity of which the club can be penalised for. Hence why the club has on multiple occasions stated the only way you are guaranteed attendance is with a season ticket this season. I really don't know what is so hard to understand about that statement, clear as day.

I'll stick to asking questions on here when I want thanks.

If someone doesn't know then they don't opt out and the club doesn't sell on the ticket.  It's weird how such an innocent question about how the club could possibly make more money has turned you into an angry wee guy.

Strange game today yes we won but for long spells in the game we couldn’t seem to keep possession we once again gave the ball away a lot can’t fault the effort from, all of the players but thought Queens by far were the better side 

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'll stick to asking questions on here when I want thanks.

If someone doesn't know then they don't opt out and the club doesn't sell on the ticket.  It's weird how such an innocent question about how the club could possibly make more money has turned you into an angry wee guy.

Pots n kettles, maybe if you looked on official channels you would be more informed and would see the information you need instead of moaning about how unfair it is on P&B.

1 minute ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Pots n kettles, maybe if you looked on official channels you would be more informed and would see the information you need instead of moaning about how unfair it is on P&B.

You've just completely made that up, I've said nothing about anything being unfair.

17 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Strange game today yes we won but for long spells in the game we couldn’t seem to keep possession we once again gave the ball away a lot can’t fault the effort from, all of the players but thought Queens by far were the better side 

Really? I can't see why you would have left Firhill thinking that. 

It was a close game alright but I thought our victory was deserved. 

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

McCall said Queens were better than us in the after match reaction too.

I thought the same as you tbh.

I think it was a deserved win in that you scored 3 to our 2. If it finished 2-2 I doubt you'd be saying "we deserved to win that". I think overall a point would have been the fair result but as I've said elsewhere, if we defend like that we get what we deserve.

I didn't think we were miles better tbh. We really should have had a point but I don't think either side was above the other (well apart from Thistle in the league right now before someone else says it).

1 hour ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

What if someone doesn't know if they are going to make it and wake up hungover 

😂😂

Are you an adult?

Edited by Smurph

5 minutes ago, Smurph said:

😂😂

Are you an adult?

Well i am not the one that thinks Thistle have a crystal ball and knows who is and is not going to turn up. Or expects every season ticket holder who is not going to email the club in the hope that tickets can be released for non season ticket holders despite it being announced umpteen times that it is season ticket holders only. Ask stupid questions get stupid answers!

Its the scoreboard that counts champ [emoji106]

A draw would’ve been a fair result probably but very pleased to start with a win. Not convinced that shape with the chosen personnel is the best moving forward, but certainly looks like we’re going to score a lot of goals this season. Brian Graham is on fire at the minute, Rudden worked really hard all game as well. 

I assumed we went 5-3-2 because McCall isn’t happy with our central defence so out an extra body in there - and once we get another CB we’ll revert to a 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 which I thought we were playing and I think our players suit better. Not seem much of us recently though - could this be the case?

Ticketing seemed a bit of a farce to be honest.  The seats I had been assigned were very much filled by the time I arrived, and from the looks of various interactions it looked to be the same story elsewhere.  North Stand looked basically deserted (were they trying to fill that and people just dingied it?).  Have to agree with @Pie Of The Month, organisation has been shocking, and surely they could have easily put together something that let the people that actually wanted to and could be there attend at the expense of season ticket holders who knew they wouldn't be making it.  I don't doubt that there's some people who thought they'd go and ended up not at the last minute.  These things happen.  But two I usually go with knew they weren't going, yet there's no facility at the club for their spaces to be given to someone else?  That's another 40 quid the club could've had.  I get that we don't have money to piss up a wall, and we've not got developers sitting there ready to work on whatever, but it's 2021, maybe we should actually try and move on and stop doing everything on the back of a fag packet.

Anyway, outside of all that, quite a pleasing game to watch.  We look pretty ponderous in defence if someone runs at us, but going forward we looked pretty good, if a bit wasteful (it is us after all).  35 to go.

5 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I assumed we went 5-3-2 because McCall isn’t happy with our central defence so out an extra body in there - and once we get another CB we’ll revert to a 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 which I thought we were playing and I think our players suit better. Not seem much of us recently though - could this be the case?

Mate was at hospitality and Scally said they were going 3/ 5 at the back to march up with Queens formation.

Not sure of that will carry on down the line.